Please tell me this will someday stop:(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Please tell me this will someday stop:(

Postby jr2 » 26 Feb 2013, 13:11

I'm so sorry to hear you had such a disheartening visit. I agree with OMB though. Give yourself some time to get back to feeling better and then consider looking for a new doctor for another opinion. It can make all the difference. This is just one doctor's opinion, a doctor who never should have examined you this way today to cause more damage.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby aimonaali » 26 Feb 2013, 13:19

Thanks to you both. Right now I'm mostly feeling down because of the retear of the fissure although it is small. I'm worrying it won't heal as fast as it did right before the surgery.
The leakage I have is usually mild and I guess it's better than having a fissure. Right now I don't feel like going to see another doctor as there isn't probbly anything he/she could do. Either the leakage gets better or it doesn't, I have to live with it anyway.
I'm already afraid of going to the toilet tomorrow :(
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 26 Feb 2013, 14:29

aimonaali, for what I have read on this boards the leakage can happen but for most people this is temporarily and will go away, I read that some people have leakage up to 5 month later but gets better and better, until it goes away completely.
I have problems with chronic diarreah and I don't have LIS and when I have to go if I don't go fast I will have leakage regardless.
So don't feel bad it happens even if you don't have LIS.
Hopefully you be fine and everything will be back to normal as the muscle tends to get stronger as the time goes back after LIS, as I have read before from other members, some even complain that it goes back as tight as it was when the fissure problem.
You are still healing so give time.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8