saw an actual CRS today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

saw an actual CRS today

Postby nurseebol » 27 Feb 2013, 17:19

So by the time this appointment came, all the advice on the board had me nearly pain free! So I have you all to thank for that! I kept the bm's slithery soft and used the coconut suppositories.
I was hoping since I felt so good that he would tell me that I nearly had it healed. No such luck, he said he could see that it was chronic because he could see some muscle! Image
So I told him I had this about 2 months, the first month I thought it was a hemorrhoid and the second I had seen my regular surgeon and been treated with Procotofoam and was told if no better in 2 weeks get ready for LIS. I explained I came here cuz it was easier for me to keep appts between work being closer. Actually glad it turned out this way, cuz as my DH said, "I think you need to see an ass man!". lol. He said he wanted to try some proper treatment and see. He gave me Nifedipine cream (comes with finger cots, how cute, but I am not using them, first off I am not afraid to touch my own ahole and second, I will use a Q tip, thanks; something for the kids to play with). Anyway, also gave me Calmol-4 suppositories (zinc and cocoa butter) to help skin be soft and pliable. Is there a Calmol 2 or 3?
I love the set up here, he had me kneel on this padded thing and it will lift! Cool! A very nice nurse kept my butt covered too! Used some very nice warm lube, and I didn't feel any nasty tools either. He said I am "tight" down there, I guess that means I may not heal. Oh well, I am pain free right now, so I am just thankful. Oh so very thankful. I still can't sit on hard chairs for long and really thought the office should have more padded seating. I will have to suggest that. I used to wonder about OB docs and I have to wonder about these guys too, I would get sick of looking at butts all day. Of course, I deal with death, and do I get sick of that? Well, yes and no. But that is another story. SO! Three cheers for 1. Minimal Pain 2. No scopey thing in my pooper and 3. Getting on some proper meds. Image
I am hoping to get through some training I am to get through at work before any surgery talk goes around. We will see, it is a month long program.
I am going to have a beer now. How is everyone else's day going? Did everyone have a nice soft BM? I honestly never had one I didn't have to push until this happened. YAY!
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: saw an actual CRS today

Postby coconut » 27 Feb 2013, 17:47

You being tight down there is about the sphincter spasming. Tight = no blood flow and unhappy wound. The Nif cream should loosen you up and let you heal better. The finger cots aren't just for show. When you put the nif cream on your finger directly, some of the medication soaks into your hand instead of your butt. You want that medicine on your butthole, right in there so that it can affect your anal sphincter. The more you soak into your finger, the more likely you are to get side affects, too. (This applies to the butt cheeks, too. Keep it off there. I use a mirror,)
Some people on these boards use a q-tip successfully, and that's fine. But there is a good reason why most doctors recommend you use your finger. Fingers are sensitive to pressure. You will be able to get your sphincter to relax more easily if you use just enough pressure to get the sphincter open. You are also less likely to injure the tissue by poking it with a q-tip. Also (and this concern is just me) if you leave a bit of cotton in the wound...ouch!
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby delasama » 27 Feb 2013, 18:04

Awesome! I hope you heal fast with the nifedipine.
I can't wait to see crs next Wednesday.i hope I get nifedipine . I'm worried that he will want to do a surgery or something Image
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby marg6043 » 27 Feb 2013, 18:12

nurseebol I am glad you got a new CRS and he gave you a diagnostic, sounds like mine CRS second appot. last year he mentioned surgery.
God better after 6 months, two months pain free and bam, I just mildly retear the fissure again this weekend.
I am sore but not in horrendous pain, mild spams also.
This is the way with fissures when chronic the never go away, they get better but they do not truly heal, we learn to manage and make them bearable but they will show their ugly head on and off.
I was expecting a set back so I am prepare.
I hope yours heal for good.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby nurseebol » 27 Feb 2013, 22:56

coconut, the point about poking with the q tip makes sense, I will keep the finger cots! Live and learn!
Marg, how did you retear? were you unable to keep stools soft or did something go wrong somewhere else? I just want to get by long enough to get this training done, and then I won't mind getting surgery.
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 28 Feb 2013, 07:33

nurseebol, I also use a Q-tip to clean the area with Vaseline after a BM and make sure is nothing left inside the sphincter to cause any irritation.
I think it was a combination of few things I did, see when you are suffering with fissures and then get two month in which you are in control of the fissure and painless, you kind of want to get back like it never ever happen.
Soo I re arranged my furniture, then I felt a littler bid of soreness, but nothing bad, then I decided that I wanted to know if I could go a day without the "toilet routine" I had stick with for months, sitz bath, lubrication ect.
Then I went back to do the pre fissure weight training I was doing.
Well the result, mild spams, mild irritation, the dreaded pink in the toilet paper.
Pink, red means a retear, the last time I seen blood was last Nov after my doctor manipulated the fissure to check, this months appt. the manipulation while uncomfortable it was not painful.
I am ok is nothing like the horredous pain of a fresh fissure but its something that tells you that the fissure never really has gone away, is just that we end up having more control to it.
I have a June appt, my doctor is giving me more time before my decision if I will continue with the fissure the way it is or try surgery.
He said is healing but very slowly.
Constipation is no my problem but chronic diarrhea that's what caused my fissures.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 Feb 2013, 08:32

Glad you have the cream now Nurseebol. Keep up with it, like Marge says, these damn Fissures are hard work. I hope and pray to god we all heal. I am waiting for CRS to calle back so I can tell him how much pain I am in. This damn thing is controlling my life. I am on the verge of asking for Antidepressants. I have got that low with it.
I just wanna go back to my normal happy self! And it ain't happening with these Fissures around!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 15:10

nurseebol wrote:So by the time this appointment came, all the advice on the board had me nearly pain free! So I have you all to thank for that! I kept the bm's slithery soft and used the coconut suppositories.
I was hoping since I felt so good that he would tell me that I nearly had it healed. No such luck, he said he could see that it was chronic because he could see some muscle! Image
So I told him I had this about 2 months, the first month I thought it was a hemorrhoid and the second I had seen my regular surgeon and been treated with Procotofoam and was told if no better in 2 weeks get ready for LIS. I explained I came here cuz it was easier for me to keep appts between work being closer. Actually glad it turned out this way, cuz as my DH said, "I think you need to see an ass man!". lol. He said he wanted to try some proper treatment and see. He gave me Nifedipine cream (comes with finger cots, how cute, but I am not using them, first off I am not afraid to touch my own ahole and second, I will use a Q tip, thanks; something for the kids to play with). Anyway, also gave me Calmol-4 suppositories (zinc and cocoa butter) to help skin be soft and pliable. Is there a Calmol 2 or 3?
I love the set up here, he had me kneel on this padded thing and it will lift! Cool! A very nice nurse kept my butt covered too! Used some very nice warm lube, and I didn't feel any nasty tools either. He said I am "tight" down there, I guess that means I may not heal. Oh well, I am pain free right now, so I am just thankful. Oh so very thankful. I still can't sit on hard chairs for long and really thought the office should have more padded seating. I will have to suggest that. I used to wonder about OB docs and I have to wonder about these guys too, I would get sick of looking at butts all day. Of course, I deal with death, and do I get sick of that? Well, yes and no. But that is another story. SO! Three cheers for 1. Minimal Pain 2. No scopey thing in my pooper and 3. Getting on some proper meds. Image
I am hoping to get through some training I am to get through at work before any surgery talk goes around. We will see, it is a month long program.
I am going to have a beer now. How is everyone else's day going? Did everyone have a nice soft BM? I honestly never had one I didn't have to push until this happened. YAY!

With tears flowing from my eyes, you are so lucky to see a CRS doctor, so lucky. I work every single day, pay taxes and have insurance and I can't afford to use it because most CRS in my area, want their money up front in hand no questions asked....and they wonder why our society reeks of unhealthy people.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby nurseebol » 02 Mar 2013, 20:09

That is ridiculous! Why ? Mine processes myinsurance and I pay my co pay. End of story. THat is nuts
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Postby GGky1959 » 04 Mar 2013, 15:07

nurseebol wrote:That is ridiculous! Why ? Mine processes myinsurance and I pay my co pay. End of story. THat is nuts

My company this multi billion dollar financial institution, provide us with the cheapest insurance out there....with no co pay, no doctor referrals, you can see anyone anytime you want.....the catch...because until you meet your deductible, 2 grand, we get to keep all your premiums and nothing comes out of our pockets until its met....The cost of insurance is cheap, but you'll never benefit from it, unless you're going to the doctor at least 4 or 5 times a month for the first six months.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25