HOLY S#!T

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

HOLY S#!T

Postby easyflo » 06 Mar 2013, 23:10

Hello fellow AFers!
Wow! Big, big ups to Cheryl for starting this forum! I cannot say enough how great it was to find a place to openly talk about anal fissures.
I've had an anal fissure since I was about 21 and I'm 36 now. It wasn't until about four months ago that I realized that I even had an AF. Back when I was 21 I first had an episode while sitting in my car when all of a sudden I had this very sharp pain and no amount of changing my sitting position would give me relief. About a day or two later the pain went away. Throughout the years I've had episodes but the pain would just subside after two maybe three days. This whole time I thought it was a hemi and since the pain would go away relatively quickly, I didn't pay it much attention. Then, about 8 months ago I had an episode and the pain didn't go away for about 3 weeks. Even still, my BMs were very different. Different in that I had to change the way I pushed in order to evacuate but I didn't have any pain. About 4 months ago I finally experienced the "real deal". I can only describe the pain as a "darned, mother darned, darned shag". That is some strong language but the pain....that pain....was much, much worse. I went to the doctor and voila....anal fissure. I got on miralax, severely changed by diet and began to drink water like a mofo. I thought I had it beat but then the holidays came and I screwed myself...badly. The pain...that pain...was back. As soon as the holidays were over I went back to my regiment and, finally, as of right now (knock, knock, knockity, knock knock on wood) I have my fissure in check. The silver lining? I've lost close to thirty pounds and my high blood pressure has dropped. I haven't eaten meat since the holidays and my cholesterol has gone from the 230's to around 180's. To all my AFers, we are an incredible bunch. The pain we are able to endure, in my opinion, is astounding. I wish you peace and many, many pain free days.
easyflo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: HOLY S#!T

Postby PIA » 07 Mar 2013, 04:13

Hi easyflo,
Glad to see you, sad that you had to. I guess you will be doing a lot of head nodding when you read previous posts.
Seems that you a good grasp on what you need to do to keep things in check.
Yep there is a silver lining..we HAVE to eat healthier.
I too think I can manage at home without much change. The challenge is to get a management plan that will enable me to travel again without undoing all the good stuff.
Hope you can wave your fissure goodbye. Cheers Pia.
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby delasama » 07 Mar 2013, 11:05

Yes there is a positive side to a fissure.
Since I got my fissure a few months ago, I have been eating healthy and stopped drinking Booz and went gluten free which cured my eczema and lost 25 pounds. My fissure probably added years to my life lol.easyflo- good to hear your fissure helped you too.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby easyflo » 07 Mar 2013, 22:05

Hi Pia!
Yes! I think about travel also. I haven't traveled since experiencing the "real deal" and I'm still apprehensive because I have the "post BM hours of agony" type of AF. If I were to have a relapse during travel I'd pretty much spend the whole time in a hotel room. I have a couple of camping trips planned in April and June but those will only be two night, three day trips so I think I'll make it.
Hey-ya Delasama!
Right?! It's like the AF is a barometer of how healthy your diet is. Damn...does it ever let you know when you've gone astray!
easyflo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby delasama » 07 Mar 2013, 22:21

I have been on miralax for almost a month, so my fissure is manageable now. Had blood yesterday but barely any pain. I figured if I have to plan my day around my butt then I might as well enjoy being around family.im going to visit my family in Maine soon. If fissure gets worse then I will consult another crs when I get back.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here