Botox and colonoscopy this week.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox and colonoscopy this week.

Postby PIA » 08 Mar 2013, 09:34

Three days since Botox. Feeling great. Sleeping all night and back on full duties during the day. Haven't needed any Nitro cream or pain killers. Keeping up the Mirilax (movicol) every morning. BMs are once a day, soft and pain free. I am very happy to be in this pain free place. I am hoping that the lack of spasm can help my fissure heal and I can prove my CRS wrong when I see him in four weeks. I wish this for all who are suffering with AF. Xx Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby owmybum » 09 Mar 2013, 03:09

Oh pia, that's just great to hear!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby PIA » 09 Mar 2013, 03:20

Thanks OMB xxx Feeling great. How bout you.? Image
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 10 Mar 2013, 10:41

I'm doing ok, thanks. I have an appt with crs on the 18th. Hoping to hear the results of some tests and to discuss the way forward for me!
I'm so glad you have had such a positive experience with the Botox. I bet it's great to feel so normal again!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby sotiredofthis » 11 Mar 2013, 18:17

So glad you are doing well!! Are you having any incontinence problems? Botox is my next line of treatment.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby PIA » 11 Mar 2013, 19:23

Funny you should say that. Image No incontinence with BMs although the first few days I had a little trouble holding my bladder back. Seems like as soon as I thoguht I wanted to go it wanted to start before I got to the loo. Just a little...not a big worry. I have posted my problems that I had during the procedure. I think he may have had to rush to get the botox in because the anaesthetist needed to wake me up. I had bruising down one side of mt anus about an inch out. I think that some of the botox might have leaked into surrounding tissue and affected the sphincter on my urethra. I am only assuming and a week on the problem has gone. Other than that I am feeling great. Painless soft BMs once a day (still take Miralax-Movicol.) I still experience a slight stinging and dull ache occasionally but I think that is just from the wound of the fissure trying to heal. The anal sphinter is still firm but certainly not in spasm. BMs have gone from toothpaste size to garden hose thickness..passed easily.
I will see CRS in another 3 weeks. At present I would be happy to go for another Botox treatment in a couple of months to allow a longer healing time before I go to surgery. Hopefully my sphincter will not need to start the spasm cycle again but we shall see. Hope this helps XX Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PIA » 15 Mar 2013, 00:09

10 days post Botox. Every thing feels good...healing is progressing. One evening of strong pain a few days back. On reflection I think I drank too much milk which affected my magnesium levels and bought on spasm. Also I had too many BMs that day and as I was very busy preparing for a workshop I am running, I didn't drink enough water and didn't take my magnesium pills.. Stupid Aussie you say.
Otherwise it has been going very well. Still using baths, movicol and coconut oil. Going for first horse ride tomorrow since Botox. Fingers crossed.xx Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 15 Mar 2013, 13:10

Pia is nice to read that you are doing fine after your botox, perhaps things will start to improve and you will not need any further procedures for the fissure.
I hope botox works for you, my doctor do not use botox so I can not opt for that, but so far after now 9 months I am almost normal, the fissure is there but hopefully healing.
Interestingly that once in a while I get a sharp cramp and some irritation but is not long lasting.
I guess with fissures you can not predict how they will behave even if they are slowly healing.
Thanks for sharing
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Rachael 1984 » 15 Mar 2013, 15:58

Great PIA, keep us posted. Botox here I come...
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby coconut » 15 Mar 2013, 16:05

PIA wrote:10 days post Botox. Every thing feels good...healing is progressing. One evening of strong pain a few days back. On reflection I think I drank too much milk which affected my magnesium levels and bought on spasm. Also I had too many BMs that day and as I was very busy preparing for a workshop I am running, I didn't drink enough water and didn't take my magnesium pills.. Stupid Aussie you say.
Otherwise it has been going very well. Still using baths, movicol and coconut oil. Going for first horse ride tomorrow since Botox. Fingers crossed.xx Pia

Have fun with the horseback riding. That sounds fun! I'm glad to hear that you are doing better.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12