Vent

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Vent

Postby nurseebol » 02 Mar 2013, 19:50

So I work every 6th weekend. The others who work every weekend seem to think that those of us who manage a group of core patients have it easy, especially those in nursing home assigments. So I got the crappiest assignment, involving driving over 3.5 hours, in addition to my 2 hour commute, I kept getting ad ons, and am now so far behind....My butt hurts despite ice and my pillow , pain meds and nifedipine. I am thinking Monday I should take off to heal it a bit. Would I be an "ass" if I got a note from my doc on the weekend to limit driving to a certain amount, there is no reason one person should have been split up and going to so many places. Like I said, it is like one of those things we endure, but this is ridiculous. OR should I suck it up. DOes all that sitting do damage? My boss is generally cool, she works with me on this, she will even shorten up my miles when she can, but she isn't in control of the weekend.
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Vent

Postby delasama » 02 Mar 2013, 20:34

That sucks! I would get doctors note and take off as much as you can unless you can sit. If there's pain when you sit then there is pressure on fissure and that's bad for it. I thought I could deal with fissure over a month ago then I sat for three hours at a movie and it hurt really bad the last hour. Then the next morning was when I pooped tons of blood.its up to you. Just don't hurt yourself to make coworkers happy unless you have no choice.they say that they would suck it up if they were you and then when they get a fissure they go on short term disability...do what ever is best for U.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby jr2 » 02 Mar 2013, 20:38

Just my opinion, but I would try to limit your driving time, and your weekend time, or whatever you need to do right now to have as much flexibility with work as you can, even if it means getting a doctor's note. Your body has a painful wound to heal. Yes, prolonged sitting can irritate things more, can also reduce circulation in the area, impeding healing more, and can promote increased perspiration with less chance for air circulation which can both be irritating and can make a nicer environment for yeast and bacterial colonies to grow.
In addition, you are in a healing profession. You need to be supported both mentally and physically first before you can be fully effective for the people you care for. If you were on an airplane you would be instructed to put your own oxygen mask on first before you helped someone else to put on theirs.
Take care of yourself. The people you work with need you to do that for yourself.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby CrackinUp » 03 Mar 2013, 02:02

Sitting is often the only relief I get from my fissure. Must be something to do with the position of it? I've managed to work 12 hours every day and weekends on my backside. I do have a very comfortable chair though :)
Funny how different these things are from person to person. I think mine is (was?!) quite far inside. I can't see it anyway.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby nurseebol » 16 Mar 2013, 18:14

Thanks all,
jr2 you really make a good point, gotta be well to help others. I have just been not signing up for anything extra, though I feel bad cuz they always go around asking. We usually all pitch in but there is a gal with a bad knee, and me who aren't. I usually do, but enough is enough, it seems we give and give and it is never enough. Anyway, I am taking a week off early next month because I have to use the vacation. I already am doing pretty well, so hoping that will just be icing on the cake of healing.
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5