Itchy/Raw/Sore feeling: What does it mean?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Itchy/Raw/Sore feeling: What does it mean?

Postby sk22 » 16 Mar 2013, 23:31

I've had this AF for 2.5 months and it was itchy for about a week in February but went away... today it became itchy again. It's also very raw and sore, like if I do touch it it just hurts more. And the itchiness isn't overwhelming, it's mainly just a raw feeling, very hard to explain. I've been using coconut oil, but aside from a cool feeling, I don't notice much of a difference.
I'm really scared to have a bm because I haven't gone in 3 days (which is normal for me, but with all the diet changes I've been making I had been going once a day) and it already hurts. Usually it just hurts until I've had a shower after a bm. Is it getting worse? I'm scared to be honest. I've heard a lot of people saying they can't sit or drive. I'm making a 3 hour drive tomorrow, and I have 6 hour class days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most people my age are partying it up for St. Patrick's Day weekend right now; and I'm lying here worried about my butt. Such is life with an AF though!
I'm just trying to figure out what this itchy/raw feeling is. Does it mean I'm healing, or...? I had kind of settled into a pattern of having a bm, PAIN, immediately taking a shower, 30 minutes later, NO PAIN. but now it's different. I can't get a doctors appointment until after April 11 when I'm out of school for a bit before exams. Should I be doing something for this raw/sore/itchy feeling or just proceed as usual? I hope it goes away after my next bm.
sk22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Itchy/Raw/Sore feeling: What does it mean?

Postby Vin » 17 Mar 2013, 05:58

Not sure if you use Miralax but I would suggest doing so. When I had the itchy raw feeling that would indicate I was heading to a bad place or at least stalled with any healing. If I were you I would try to avoid booze and stay as clean as possible down there. I was taking continuing ed classes recently during a difficult stretch with my AF. I carried wipes and tried to stay clean and dry as possible which was not easy when sitting. Also eat as clean as you can again not easy when in school. Try Baneol cleanser as part of your routine and nitro cream which would need to be prescribed by your doc. If your doctor tries to tell you just improve your diet and use hydrocortisone and come back for a follow up in 2 weeks stage a sit in in his office until he prescribes nitro or another healing method. Things only get worse in this game if you don't take steps to heal.
Vin
Salt Bather

Topics: 6