Has anyone tried this?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has anyone tried this?

Postby life is messed » 18 Mar 2013, 13:20

Hello everyone.
I am suffering from AF for the past month. I thought it had healed when today it bled and reopened again. I searched a lot on the web and found this post.
Sorry to paste the complete post but I wasnt allowed to post external links.
Hi there, im simply writing this information in the hope it helps even 1 person! I'll give you a bried singht to me then a possible cure!
After suffering with an anal fissure for the past year on and off, i was at my wits end. Going to the loo was always a hit and miss affair, i would always worry of 'today' was the day it would flare up and if it did, i knew i would be in for weeks of pain and mental torment.
I scoured the web, tried to find cures, but i came to the conclusion that there isnt 1 particular cure to get rid of it and if like me, when youre in the middle of it, you want the cure quick, or just about any sort of relief.
Mine started in December last year '07 and before that i had never had anything like that sort of problem. I did have the odd pile once every 2 years maybe, but nothing like the fissure or the pain of the fissure.
Once i got it, it seemed to be there virtually every month on and off and no one thing seemed to flare it up. I watched what i ate to see if it was something in particular but no, it wasnt really. It was always down to a hard stool or something along those lines. As most people are aware, a fissure is something very simple, just a small tear in the lining, usually to the side or back, so any kind of 'poo bigger than normal' has you praying to whatever lord you believe in and singing for the stars as it passes out!
So, after trying everything i found on the net and all the suggestions, some of which worked, some which didnt. I finally sat down and said, enough is enough. I dont need surgery for this, my body should be able to heal this but how can i help it? ive got to really attack this. So i sat down, accumulated all the knowledge id learned over the past year and wrote down side effects, plus points and ignored the stuff i knew didnt work. I consulted proper medical sites like the NHS in the UK and Bupa and used the information along with what i had learned. So here goes, i will explain why, with each process, they are included. And no, im not asking for a donation and this isnt where i say you can purchase my book!! this is me trying to help you!
heres what i did and its a 3 pronged attack!
First up, i realised that any kind of 'cure' has to come from the inside out. Most of the cures you read on the net are based on 'the outside in\" ie: creams, surgery etc. and so i took that and put it to one side, but researched what i needed to help my body heal from the inside out. Heres what i found. Vitamins!
Heres what you need to take/buy-ive listed UK shops:
Vitamin E 800mg (Superdrug-Yellow tub)
Vitamin C 500mg (the ones you swallow not chew) Boots-orange cap
Garlic Capsules 500mg - Holland and Barrett
Zinc 15mg - Holland and Barrett
Vitmain B complex - Boots-green cap
Linseed Oil liquid form - Holland and Barrett
right now, it seems a lot and ill try not to waffle but heres the resoning: Vit C keeps a stable immune system,
Vit E is an excellent healer of skin, (and obviously fissures have trouble healings)
Garlic capsules purify the blood and have healing qualites (and blood flow is a problem with fissures)
Zinc - again keeps the immune system up and heals
Vitamin B is good for the digestion of the other vitamins and energy
Linseed oil! the daddy. I figured that my insides needed lubrication as my stools often felt dry or hard, and this is excellent for lubricating the colon.
so thats the inside part 1.
Part 2. food
FORGET BRANexclaim! right now..please stop. I tried it and it rips you apart more. Yes it does make stools softer, but with the wrong consistancy. I found Bran would go through me but almost burn and certainly didnt help the fissure. I then read on the Bupa website that it shouldnt be used because its TOO rough. What you need is soft fibre. so heres where these little beauties come in.
2. buy Prunes - best are Waitrose if you can afford them
3. buy dried apricots.
Ill get back to them in a minute.
right thats the inside sorted now the outside attack.
3. buy anusol cream
4. buy anusol suppositories
5. moist toilet tissue wipes
Right here we go.
The vitamins, take the entire lot with breakfast in the morning. The Linseed oil doesnt taste too great (you only need a teaspoon of it) and you wash all of that lot down with a glass of orange juice.
At the end of the breakfast (i had Weetabix for fibre) eat 4-5 of the prunes. This gives you proper fibre and not the Bran fibre,
Then in the evenings, before bed, you eat 3 more prunes and a teaspoon of Linseed oil. It doesnt matter when in the evenings but i was having mine after my main meal, about 9pm.
No the outside bit. Before you go to bed, apply the Anusol cream to you finger and insert into your back passage until you can feel the fissure. Most people know where it is and youll know when you have hit it! and apply a good pea sized portion of cream right on it. Then insert the Anusol suppository. go to bed.
No going to the loo. When you go it hurts right? well the first thing you have to do is stop straining in any way possible. When you have finished dont wipe like your trying to scrub the silver off a pot, use just 1 sheet of toilet paper per wipe. I used to use 3 folded, but soon realised i was too rough with myself. Youre trying to make this thing heal not pull it apart. So 1 sheet is enough, it forces you to be gentle when wiping, to finish off use the moist toilet wipes, they are much softer and really clean you up.
now if you go regularly, the suppositories will help heal from the outside along with the cream. Once you go of course the suppository falls out but do not put another one in. Only use the suppository before bed. Once you go to the loo, re-apply the Anusol cream right onto the fissure itself. Its easier squatting down to do this!
So in brief.
Morning:
All vitamins
4-5 prunes or dried apricots
1 spoon of linseed oil
evening
1 spoon of linseed oil
3-4 prunes
Evening
blob on Anusol cream right on the spot
1 suppository
After every bowel movement
wipe with moist toilet paper
apply blob of cream to fissure
Now the biggest thing is. DO NOT BE LAZY!! dont think 'oh this is working so ill stop now'
no..never stop. it should become a routine. daily. every morning vitamins, prunes. oil
wipe gently. finish with moist paper.
The only thing you STOP is the application of the cream and the use of the suppositories ONCE the fissure has stopped bleeding or healed. The rest you follow to keep your body on top of the healing process and the fibre in your diet for softer stools. If you think you feel a slight soreness then apply blobs of cream to it for a few days until it goes.
This is what i did. After 1 week any bleeding during a bowel movement had stopped but the pain was still there a bit. After 2 weeks the pain had completely gone. That was 3 months ago and ive not had it since. Drink water, eat veg, do those things you know you should do as well, but definitely give this a go and keep on top of it. It sounds a lot but it isn't. the biggest part is buying all the supplies and having them in. please be patient, the older you are the longer it takes for your body to heal, im 37 by the way.
I really hope this helps someone! I dont suffer with that dragging feeling anymore, that soreness at all. I had one occassion where i had wide bowel movement ! and though oh no..but nope..it never tore open, just a bit sore, but carried on with what id started and ive been on top of it ever since.
be patient and good luck!
Paul
I wanted to know if anyone has tried it. If yes, then was it helpful or not?
life is messed

Topics: 3

Re: Has anyone tried this?

Postby delasama » 18 Mar 2013, 14:38

Sounds kinda like what has been helping me, just way more complicated and expensive.
Squat to poop
Blast butt with warm water (shower hose) instead of TP
A lot of miralax morning and night
Eat soft healthy foods (fish,veggies,quinoa...)
Lots of water
Don't clean butt with soap & air dry butt only
Vitamins and probiotics ( multivitamin and Greek yogurt...)
Dont let doctors pry butt open and ram finger inside
Walk and do yoga when pain is at its lowest
Do this every day and review progress every month
Don't look at progress weekly because it is a roller coaster
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31