anal cancer phobia

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

anal cancer phobia

Postby ubi123 » 24 Mar 2013, 11:37

i hav been suffering from anal fissures since 2007.till 2010 they were there on regular basis. but after tht they didnt haunt me til this month . i hav a fissure again this time i havnt seen a doc yet to really b sure but symptoms where same . it bleed 3 or 4 tyms and after using stool softners and high fibre diet with nifedipine things where getting better .yesterday i had very hard stools followed by another hard bm and pain was back again but no bleedin .pain is also limited not tht much . so i guess retear didnt take place . now my main concern is tht i hav this small lump which i used to have at earlier also durin fissures its soft.its at da same place where fissure is i dnt knw m scared bout it can it b cancer,i know its blown things out of proportion but m scared. i m 24 male no hpv history or anal sex issues i dnt smoke . but i have this fear what to do?
plus how much time should this fissure take to heal now since there is no bleeding and pain caused by even the hardest bm was very less and will this lump or eversion whatever it is go down
ubi123

Topics: 1

Re: anal cancer phobia

Postby Ever the Optimist » 24 Mar 2013, 12:09

Hi Ubi,
First and foremost, try not to panic and to stay as calm as you can about all of this! I know - easier said than done!
24 is very young and anal cancer very rare and there are a number of things your lump could be, including the formation of a sentinel skin tag (VERY common in the area where a fissure has appeared) or a pile even!
You just need to go back to your GP (preferably CRS) and get it checked out and get your mind put at rest.
It may be that you haven't retorn an old fissure but have certainly irritated an old one by the reocurrence of hard stools. You don't always bleed if you have a fissure either. If you haven't retorn, it's likely you've aggravated that area again because the skin is so sensitive down there.
Stop those hard BM's straight away by assessing your diet and upping your fluids and just go get it checked out for peace of mind. I'm NOT a doctor ( which I why I stress you go see a professional) but I think it's highly unlikely you have anything really serious.
Skin tags are very common with fissures. Most of the time they are not particularly troublesome, others have reported the lumps shrink as they generally get better but they do not always completely disappear. If you are not getting too much pain this time round, it's possibly a good sign and a warning to you to review your diet/ toilet habits to prevent any further damage.
Take care & get it checked out so you don't freak yourself out. :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby marg6043 » 24 Mar 2013, 12:11

ubi123 Sorry to hear that you are scare about having anal cancer, trust me when I tell you that most of us that have problems in that general area due to fissures, fistulas or hems, have the same way of thinking until a doctor ease our worries.
The best way to get off that worry is to get a proper diagnostic by a CRS.
Now remember that when you have fissures for a long time, you can develop a sentinel pile that feels like a external hem and are very painful to the touch depending how active is your fissure, they can get swollen, feel like a lump or they can be soft.
Also with fissures, fistulas can develop also, so it could be many things no related to cancer, but until you get a CRS to take a look you will not be able to get your mind at ease.
My best advise is keep the diet to make your stools soft, lubricate before a BM with vaseline and please get an app with a CRS so you can put your mind at rest and concetrate on healing.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby ubi123 » 24 Mar 2013, 12:23

thnx for ua advice i ll goto a gp may b after 2 days he happens to be my uncle also and treated me last time when i had AF so cn b more open and remove all doubts .one bad bm and all gudwork can b undone .guys what bout tea and biscuits or chips should they b avoided too
ubi123

Topics: 1

Postby suzyljank » 24 Mar 2013, 12:59

Hi sorry to hear you're suffering again. It sounds like a fissure with a skin tag but I'm not a doctor. You really need to find out for sure from your doctor. I know from experience that fear can hurt you. My father in law had some problems, a little bleeding, stomach issues and changes in his bowel habits. He kept trying to hide it and refused to see a doctor because of his experience in a concentration camp during the WW II (he hated doctors). This went on for years. Finally the poor man wound up in the emergency room. He had all the tests and it turned out he had rectal cancer. It was pretty bad at that stage. The doctors talked to us and told us if he would have come in at the first sign of trouble his cancer would have been 99% curable. It started as a small growth that progressively grew larger. He was a very nice man. He lived for 4 years after the initial diagnosis and we miss him. The lesson in this is if you're not sure what's going on ask it could save your life. Most growths in the rectal area aren't cancer but let your doctor tell you that and put your mind at ease. Take care Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Ever the Optimist » 24 Mar 2013, 13:19

Ubi,
I think a nice cup of tea probably won't do you a lot of harm but I would avoid too many sugary biscuits and definately deep-fried chips/ fries ! Just for the time being!... I always eat chunky oven chips or a couple of wholemeal digestives with a cup of my chamomile tea......... :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again