My wife laughed at me. A lot. : /

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My wife laughed at me. A lot. : /

Postby Slinter » 24 Mar 2013, 04:04

So she's not much help. Can't take it seriously, just cracks up. I can't blame her, I probably would too, were the situation switched.
Anyway, for a few months now I've had small streaks of blood on my TP after a nice poo. Or a bad poo, either one. I'm one of those unlucky people who have an arse that just doesn't seem to want to wipe clean. I figure my sphincter or whatever just doesn't seal completely, as I've always had mild leakage after a poo. Can't really go to the doc cus I can't afford it either. Bugger.
But back to what I was saying. I had a really bad constipated poo the other day, which seemed to increase the blood flow slightly, though I still only get it when I wipe. I think, since I have to wipe vigorously, that's what's causing most of the bleeding. My theory is to get baby wipes or something, perhaps that will keep me from tearing while wiping.
So I was just hoping to get people's opinion on the matter, see what they think. That's all.
Bloody embarrassing topic, geez.
Slinter

Topics: 1

Re: My wife laughed at me. A lot. : /

Postby marg6043 » 24 Mar 2013, 09:38

Slinter Sorry that you are having problems, that is why we are here, because we all are having problems in some way or other, be hems, fissures or fistulas.
Only you know how it feels to have this problems because you are the one suffering.
If you feel that your bum is not clean enough after a BM take a sitz bath, also be gentle with the area, that is one of the main things when you have a fissure, you have to treat the area like it was the most delicate thing in the world, it is good that you get rid of your toilet paper and use baby wipes.
Also you can make sure to drink more water and take enough fiber, you don't want to make the fissure worst with hard stools.
Also don't forget to make an app to see a doctor to rule out any other problems.
Is plenty of information here that can help if what you have is just an anoying fissure.
I wish you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby hendrick181 » 24 Mar 2013, 13:02

What does a true sitz bath entail? Is it as simple as some epsom salt in a bath tub with only a couple inches of warm/hot water or is more in depth than that?? Ive tried some epsom salt(all they had was lavender scent) to try to help a fissure but nothing seem to help relax the muscles...
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby marg6043 » 24 Mar 2013, 16:34

Hendrick181 the sitz bath are more to relax and to clean the area than to fix the fissure, because I have problems with fissures for a while I have a sitz bath that you can put in the toilet with a bottle of water that keeps the water warm.
But you don't have to get that expense, just fill the bathtub with warm water after you BM and relax whenever posible.
I do not use anything but water because I am very sensitive to anything with scents or lotions.
Also don't forget to get a doctors appointment to get a proper diagnostic on your problem.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby hendrick181 » 24 Mar 2013, 22:10

Thanks marg. you are awesome to stay dedicated to checking all these posts and thank you for that! I have a new thread titled, 'i cant take this anymore' which u also commented on. Thanks again. Slinter if u cant afford the doctor appt which i would highly recommend a CRS to avoid this getting worse for u. But if u cant afford that doc i would highly recommend u read alot of these posts and the advice. Im no doc or anything but there seems to be many small additions or subtractions to your diet or products to take that may keep this from getting worse. Feel free to read mine from earlier....dont let it get that bad...... I hate how it has consumed my life....i still think its best to see a CRS if u can find a way tho...
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby hendrick181 » 24 Mar 2013, 22:17

PS.... Have u explained this to your wife? Maybe i got lucky but mine is so supportive and hates to see me like this? Its amazing how common these are. I would love to know how many total people are on the forum.... Its amazing how many people suffer from this. Your wife has no idea how lucky she is to not deal with this! Ohh....i remember those good ole days!
hendrick181
Salt Bather