Tea Tree Oil

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Tea Tree Oil

Postby erik » 18 Feb 2008, 18:19

Hey all,
Has anyone tied tea tree oil on the fissure? It seems to be a great antiseptic/anti-fungal. and cools it. (nix that...it burns the hell out of it- update to original message)
does anyone have any info or experience with it?
Erik
Last edited by erik on 03 Mar 2008, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: Tea Tree Oil

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Feb 2008, 20:19

I did not try it . Sorry I am of no help here ... : (. When I was doing research on the net about "alternative" methods they mentioned wheat germ oil the most. I tried that , but I tried so many things at the same time , I have no idea what helped my fissure to heal first time around !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 27 Feb 2008, 19:36

i have tried it on unopened wounds like stubborn closed pimples and blemishes and it works.
i, personally, would hesitate to put it on an anal fissure since i don't know if it would personally affect the elasticity of the membrane or not like witch hazel does.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Feb 2008, 19:48

I did try it. I could see no difference while using it, but I didn't stick with it more than a couple weeks. It did seemto have mentholatum type cooling effect. the type I used was waxy. It certainly didn't seem to to any harm....
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Feb 2008, 00:39

It works great on mosquito bites, blemishes, etc. I tried it on the fissure a few times and it burned so I stopped!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2008, 18:28

it burned for me i think, can't remember, put so much up there, that sounds bad....you guys get the pt :)

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Feb 2008, 20:42

I never tried it - if it burns your mouth it certainly will burn your BUTT !!! AAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby muzgut22 » 24 Mar 2013, 18:15

I realize this is a very old post but I have been experimenting with tea tree oil in my baths and so far it's been ok so I thought I would update. I would be very careful about putting pure tea tree oil on skin as it is very concentrated. Instead I recommend putting it in your bath considering its antiseptic qualities. This is a good substitute for witch hazel or just something to add to plain bath water. I bought a little bottle of pure tea tree oil at whole foods and the instructions say that for a bath one can add 8 drops of oil into a cold cup of water and then slowly mix as bath fills. I was careful the first time and only added 4 drops. The smell is pretty strong but it smells like pine tree/cypress trees so I didn't mind. It mixes surprisingly well in water, I couldn't see any oil bubbles. In my case it didn't burn or sting and the smell was very nice. I'm not sure if it will really do anything except keep the area clean but that's good enough for me. I have high hopes as I have noticed faster healing in my hands (I am really bad about picking my nails and cuticles so I often have little wounds around my cuticles). I've been doing the tea tree thing for a few days and I've noticed my hands are looking better. If you are still in an acute phase or having burning sensation I would not recommend this though as I can see how it might burn. You can always try adding one drop at a time
muzgut22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5