How much blood is normal after a fissurectomy?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How much blood is normal after a fissurectomy?

Postby scubadooper » 30 Mar 2013, 05:28

Hey Everyone!
I had my anal fissurectomy 8 days ago but there is still some bleeding with my BM. Yesterday one spot dripped into the toilet. Today there was no dripping but there was a long streak of blood on my... err... deposit.
Is this normal?
Right now I am taking three ducalose a day and one glass of Miralax a night. Plus lots of water and fiber. I have a BM every morning and they have been in one long soft mass. Also for the past few days there has been no pain during my BM but there has been some pain after I'm done. I'm just worried about the blood.
Thanks for your help!!
Paul
scubadooper

Topics: 2

Re: How much blood is normal after a fissurectomy?

Postby jr2 » 30 Mar 2013, 15:07

This sounds pretty normal, and actually like you are doing very well since the pain has gotten so much better. Image
( Of course, it's a good idea to run it by your surgeon to make sure you're on track, but from what others have said about fissurectomy this sounds pretty typical with some ups and downs during recovery)
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: How much blood is normal after a fissurectomy?

Postby scubadooper » 30 Mar 2013, 15:38

awesome!! I hope you are right! My goal is to stick to this plan for a solid 2 months to ensure I heal all the way
scubadooper

Topics: 2

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?