Intro

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Intro

Postby momof7 » 30 Mar 2013, 20:37

Hi.
Birthed seven babies, up to a nine pounder, passed a black-eyed pea size kidney stone--I have known pain.
Now, with this fissure and the resulting sphincter spasms, I can say I know agony.
I've been reading here for about 2 weeks. It was here that I realized my pain was coming from the spasms.
I'm on my 5th day of nifedipine/lidocaine. It seems to have helped. A few days ago I had a brief "I'm not even aware I have an anus" to be followed by the worst episode of spasms ever. Ten hours plus of constant pain.
My best remedy right now is a 9x9 piece of plywood. I take it with me to work (a school bus), on the road, to church, and here at the computer. My bus has a power supply so I took the heating pad along! I was still having spasms, but not the excruciating ones. It's kind of hard to explain to the kids why I am crying... Fortunately, it's only been really bad during route twice.
I'm all done having babies, so I am hopeful my CRS won't be too hesitant to do LIS if we don't get results from the topicals. I believe he'll want to try botox first, and I'm okay with that...but not if we have to wait 6 weeks. I've been doing this for five or six weeks already, andhe said during the examination that my fissure looks like a chronic case. It has been years ago, but now I know those terrible hemorrhoids were really a fissure.
I appreciate the hints and the sympathy here. I've read enough to know to take responsibility for my recovery and not assume all doctors know best.
Thanks for letting me share.
Carrie
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Intro

Postby Guest » 31 Mar 2013, 13:20

Welcome fello CDL driver
7 & 1/2 kids, including Mr. Peabody, wow. You go girl.
I know the embarrassment of DUI........of pain.
Hope you can stay behind the wheel. Check day was the only day I would blame my AFs for taking the day off if you know what I mean.
Not sure I understand how the 9x9 is helping you, but you know what they say...." whatever floats your er, schoolbus".
Good to see the N/L is working for you too. Hope your topicals come back ok.
GL to you

Re: Intro

Postby marg6043 » 01 Apr 2013, 15:24

momo7, hi and congratulations on your big family, I only have two and that was good enough for me even when I am one of 4 siblings. :D
Dealing with a fissure for you depends on how willing you are to deal with pain, I imagine that pain in nothing new as your post read, but is the long lasting pain the one that can eat at your will and take your peace of mind.
If you want to go with taking all the trials and errors of dealing with a fissure to heal on its own is going to take time, lost of care and patience.
It took me 9 months of pain, suffering trial and error to get to the point I am now, I still have the fissure but I can deal with it and do not bother me on my quality of life.
After all the pain you have been on I guess is just a matter of choice.
Good luck with make your final decision and remember is one that you will have to live with, been a success or not.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8