glycerin suppositories

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: glycerin suppositories

Postby Savaici » 29 Mar 2013, 08:37

There a natural enema, hopefulbutt, by the name of Fleet Naturals. I found them wonderful when I have had to use an enema. Would not be enough for a colonoscopy, but I used four of them for a sigmoidoscopy and they said in the hospital that I was the 'cleanest they had seen'! Did not burn at all for me. Here is the link to iabout it: http://www.fleetnaturals.com/ I bought mine online at Amazon, by the way.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby buttquestion » 29 Mar 2013, 17:42

Savaici wrote:There a natural enema, hopefulbutt, by the name of Fleet Naturals. I found them wonderful when I have had to use an enema. Would not be enough for a colonoscopy, but I used four of them for a sigmoidoscopy and they said in the hospital that I was the 'cleanest they had seen'! Did not burn at all for me. Here is the link to iabout it: http://www.fleetnaturals.com/ I bought mine online at Amazon, by the way.

Quick question. I do anal sex and I use water as enema.. what happens if even warm water inside butt makes the muscle really tight. Is this Fleet Natural good? Does it make your sphincter tighten up?
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby hopefulbutt » 29 Mar 2013, 19:46

Thanks so much savaici! I will look into that.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby Reptaronice » 31 Mar 2013, 10:22

A mixture of baking soda and sea salt is good, also Aloe Vera juice and water works well. Coffee enemas are great for detox of the liver. The water should be around 103F not much higher, you don't want to burn yourself inside.
If you use just plain warm water you will probably retain 1/4 of the solution. Remember the colon is like a sponge and can hold quite a lot of fluid.
A well given enema should feel good not painful. The process is not a race, take it slow and it helps to have a partner. It can be done alone but takes a little practice.
Yes, you can buy a bag at any drug store, just make sure you keep your equipment clean and run hydrogen peroxide through the tube to sterilize.
When I first stared enemas to help with fissures over a year ago I was very skeptical but now I am a firm believer that my colon is healthier than ever. This along with diet has lead to very consistent stools and no constipation, in the end, the day or so break the enemas provided especially during tough BM days allowed my "chronic" fissure to heal.
I believe fissure can be the cause of more going on upstream and a fissure is kind of the end of the line result. Anyway, these are just my findings and may not work for others but I am fissure free for over 6 months no pain or tearing. Don't mean to bore anyone with details but for some this may be well worth a try. If anyone wants more specifics let me know.
Reptaronice
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby jr2 » 31 Mar 2013, 11:18

Reptaronice,
Would you be willing to start a new thread that details your routine for using enemas? I've heard of others who have had a lot of success using them for fissures and other bowel issues, and it would be great if there was a separate topic where this could be discussed and questions could be asked.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby buttquestion » 31 Mar 2013, 18:34

Reptaronice wrote:A mixture of baking soda and sea salt is good, also Aloe Vera juice and water works well. Coffee enemas are great for detox of the liver. The water should be around 103F not much higher, you don't want to burn yourself inside.

I am highly interested in enemas. I don't think I do it right. I just use plain warm water but I think I should add something to help my body.
You said a mixture of baking soda and sea salt is good? What kind of sea salt? I can buy them from organic store? Is Epson Salt, sea salt?
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby mkotb » 02 Apr 2013, 12:51

Hi Reptaronice, the details to deal with fissure is never a bore thing for sufferers...Please do help us in detail about what have u done to be fissure free for such a long time...6 months pain free is surely a victory sign..we all would love to do anything to keep this pain at bay....
PS: i tried enemas sometime ago...but boy i never would forget the agonizing pain it left me with ...it totally flared up the wound and it took 10 days to forgo the pain...my doctor never allowed me to do enemas....he said it would only make it worse......mmm...i wish i can get out of this cycle of pain, heal and retear....
mkotb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1