I think my CRS's think I'm a quack

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I think my CRS's think I'm a quack

Postby hopefulbutt » 04 Apr 2013, 11:56

Hi everyone again. I have been getting better since last month but still have pain, nothing like it was though a month ago. I am to go see my regular CRS one week from today, and also a new CRS just for a second opinion on Monday. Here's the thing, I've been to lots of CRSes (3) and I am afraid that after seeing that and my chart my new CRS will think I am nuts. Do I fax and have my records sent or not (they are requesting them)? Image I just feel like they all think I am making up my pain (as they only have seen small things or nothing wrong with me). I just want to be taken seriously and want the CRS to really listen to me. Should I send in my records? THanks if anyone replies.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: I think my CRS's think I'm a quack

Postby jr2 » 05 Apr 2013, 14:00

There is nothing wrong with preferring to be seen first by the new doctor before having your records sent if that makes you feel more comfortable. You can always have the records sent after the first visit. You can just provide a verbal history to the new doctor when you see him/her, and if you plan on sticking with that doctor you can then have your records forwarded. Sometimes, it can be a really valuable thing to have a completely fresh perspective on that first visit without any other doctor's notes coming into the picture.
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: I think my CRS's think I'm a quack

Postby Savaici » 05 Apr 2013, 18:33

I totally agree with jr2. When I saw the doctors at Mass General, they listened to what I had to say, and not what was written by the various other doctors I have seen. I have my records, so know exactly what they have said about what, and some of them are pretty garbled. Much better with that fresh perspective.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222