Botox for 2nd time

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Botox for 2nd time

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 07 Apr 2013, 02:35

Hi all I'm new to the forum,
January 2012 I developed a fissure ouch & after going to my gp she said it was hemmies so put me on treatment which made me worse. Anyway after going back & forward for mths I finally saw a CRS who said Botox was next so July 25th 2012 I had Botox, hemmies injected & polyp removal. I was delighted with results pain free within a wk & lasted for mths. About 4 wks ago after a morning BM I felt that tearing pain again I nearly passed out lots blood & pain all day I left it for a wk & couldn't stick pain anymore so rang CRS. She took me in straight away exam under general to discover I have a nasty fissure so she did Botox again. It's been almost 2wks & no relief this time. she says we will talk about LIS at next app I'm really scared of this from what I read its same as Botox & your not guaranteed your fissure will heal. Any advice?
Thanks 😊
Deleted User 2543

Re: Botox for 2nd time

Postby PIA » 07 Apr 2013, 03:13

Hi Edel,
Sorry that you have had a recurrance. Great that you have had such a long time pain free. I too have had a round of botox but just 6 weeks ago. It is still possible that you may get relief from the last round of Botox. Your tear may be causing more problems than the previous one. Have you got absolutely no relief or is it slightly improved? Having read other posts have you addressed your diet, fluid intake and post BM hygiene.?
I have re-introduced the GTN ointment twice daily to try and keep the sphincter as loose as possible. My CRS has said that while Botox is a chemical attempt to loosen the sphincter and promote healing the LIS is a constant release which will ensure a much better chance of healing. As I have also learnt that when a fissure becomes chronic it is less likely to heal by chemical or topical means. Remember that this forum is usually frequented by those of us who have not been healed yet. There are thousands more who have had uncomplicated LIS or Botox procedures that have healed completely and have no use of a forum like this.
I wish you healing XX Pia. Image
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 07 Apr 2013, 11:38

Hi PIA,
Thanks you so much for your reply. I'm getting no relief at all yet still hoping I will in maybe another wk pg. the relief the last time was great I thought it was all over. I suppose when I think of it I'm not very good at the diet part I eat far too much fibre I live on fruit & veg. I take 2 sachets of movico daily for about 2 yrs now (suffer constipation)works great but I get that hard plug sometimes as some people call it & that's what happened this time ripped me open. I never really know what to eat I stay away from all hard foods like crisps, nuts etc. my CRS has says she doesn't like to do LIS in women who have had children but we will have to talk about it if it happens again.
I see from your posts your pain free with Botox but still not healed yet are you going to try Botox again or go straight to LIS?
Take care x
Deleted User 2543

Postby hendrick181 » 11 Apr 2013, 20:12

Also u vaseline for the plug effect assuming your sphincter is relaxed enuf to get it up there. Also the baths have never helped mine relax but a heating pad i just started using is magic!!!!! Sigh of relief finally!!
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 12 Apr 2013, 14:12

Thanks for advice Hendrick I started to use Vaseline about a wk ago & it's been a life saver pain has gone again 😊 I use it before ever BM. I'm 2 wks post Botox now & doing great tg long may it last.
I'm glad your getting some sort of relief from your heat pad hope it gets you to your next round if Botox 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby hendrick181 » 21 Apr 2013, 08:42

Just had 2nd round of botox and im getting very little relief too. First round felt great after a couple days of general soreness from injection site. Had about a month where i felt painfree too and then one day had a painful BM and all symptoms slowly returned. I just had 2nd of botox 4days ago and it doesnt seem any better than it was prior to 2nd round of botox.... Had stinging pain and horrible spasms lasting 6 hours after morning BM yesterday and i feel so defeated right now. It seems to me both retears ive had were from trying to insert the creams or vaseline these last several months.... It seems as tho if i use them just around the opening i get no relief, but if i get it further up in there i get relief but risk tearing something and then im back to square 1! Any ideas?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby bgd » 21 Apr 2013, 12:50

I know what you mean hendrick, I too was unable to insert anything up there. When doctor tried to show me how good massage is with one finger, he threw me back into spasm for the next 6 hours, just what I needed on an otherwise BM and pain free day. He just didn't get it why I enter into spasm so easily, me neither.
The only thing that worked for me is an applicator that I made myself with a big syringe, a soft tube and a thin hard plastic ending. Otherwise I can't even stick up a suppository, given the state my asshole is in right now.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 22 Apr 2013, 11:28

I feel your pain Hendrick all I can say is I kept stool very very soft till pain eased I still take 2 movicol & 1 senokot at night. I was close to taking every tablet I had when spasm were bad nothing would take pain away. My CRS has told me i will probably need LIS if it happens again which it probably will considering I suffer with constipation. She also told me never to put anything up my backside as its trauma to the fissure. So I just put Vaseline on outside.
Did you ring your CRS today? How did you get on?
Deleted User 2543

Postby hendrick181 » 22 Apr 2013, 11:29

Can u describe more in detail of what you made?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby hendrick181 » 22 Apr 2013, 11:34

I am probably going to wait a couple days and will update in my thread(i cant take this anymore). Im clueless now... Apparently alot of the pain is from fissure.. I thought it was from the spasm....must be both? Just went to apply vaseline and theres no spasm....maybe ive just been in pain so long its hard to distinguish the source anymore.....thanks for asking Edel94. Im so glad u are getting relief.....
hendrick181
Salt Bather