Hi

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi

Postby mumzy2 » 14 Apr 2013, 02:35

Hi all, i have been on this site a few times before but have just joined up. I have had 2 fissures (that i am aware of) for over a year now. I have tried the creams/ diets with no luck. I have been referred to a Dr who is going to perform a colonosopy to rule out Crohns disease and see what else he can see. If this is ruled out then he said he would book me for a stretching procedure done under general.
I have read about the procedure when they make an cut to help with the healing but not the stretching, when i googled it the information seemed to say that it was not performed much anymore. Has anyone had this done and if so did it help?
I am terrified of the procedures but so over the pain so just want to get it over and hopefully done with.
These fissures are causing me so much worry.... im too scared to go out for tea now incase i get food poisoning and get the runs (has happened in the past).. i worry about tummy bugs.. even worry about going on holiday and being away from my own toilet. CRAZY i know!
The Dr offered to do the procedures togeather privately but it was far to expensive so now im on the waiting list and will have to have the colosopy done with sedatives and the stretching under general at a later stage. He said it would be 2 months on the public waiting list and its been that now so hopefully i dont have to wait much longer.
mumzy2

Topics: 2

Re: Hi

Postby marg6043 » 15 Apr 2013, 07:35

mumzy2, hi there, sorry to hear about your fissure problems, we all know how painful they can be.
Is ok to get the colonoscopy that is a plus, but the other procedure that involves stretching, you should look for a second opinion if you are not comfortable that is no longer a procedure that is performed anymore, I would be worry about that.
I have not hear about stretching but as dilation therapy and to loosen up the sphincter daily, not one procedure under anesthesia.
I hope you make the best choice for yourself, also have you check your doctors record? to make sure that he have good reviews from other patients?
Good luck in your fissure journey and keep posting and reading about how to minimize discomfort while waiting is plenty of information here. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Savaici » 15 Apr 2013, 08:26

Hello mumzy2, and welcome to the Forum!
Lots of help and interesting information here, including this link that you might like to look at, written by wecc , one of our members. He had Standardized Anal Dilation (SAD) and it was a complete success:
http://anal-fissure.org/t4104-my-standardized-anal-dilatation-this-morning
If you would like to read his links in the time before he had the procedure done, they can be found here:
http://anal-fissure.org/spa/wecc
Good luck! And we are here for you! Image Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby marg6043 » 15 Apr 2013, 12:29

I read the link on the success story and I am now wishing that my CRS would offer this procedure, but I know that he do not, no even botox treatment.
I would love to try something like dilation before even thinking about surgery.
Thanks Savaici for the link.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby mumzy2 » 15 Apr 2013, 20:24

Thanks guys for your words of comfort and advice, its nice to know that this group exists as its a hard topic to talk about even with family. I will def start using the vasoline now, hopefully that will improve things. The last 2 days have been sore for most of the day which prompted me to phone the hospital to check the status of my appointment for the colonosopy. The dr said 6-8 weeks (its now 7). My hope were dashed when they told methe appointment wont be till august!! 4 months!! I have the option to pay private but its expensive! We had been saving for a family trip overseas and if i went private i would have to use that :( kinda feel like im letting my family down, but then i just want the pain to be over. Will have to do some serious thinking on this one :)
mumzy2

Topics: 2

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here