Blood from Time to time

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Blood from Time to time

Postby John75 » 15 Apr 2013, 10:06

Hey Just wondering im about 7 weeks post up surgery and I notice bleeding from time to time. Its not a tremendous amount of blood but after a bm I wil l get some and its coming from the site. Usually bleeding only happens if the stool is bigger but it still feels soft becasue im Using Mirlax and Colace. After the bleeding occurs though ill still feel some un comfort for the rest of the day. Has anyone else experinced this Post LIS? Just wondering if this is normal.
John75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Blood from Time to time

Postby sgtsparky » 17 Apr 2013, 00:58

2 years post op and still get occasional blood from time to time with larger stools. My area just isnt as lubed and flexible as it was before this whole ordeal it seems. Still looking for the magic to restore the strength and skin resilience but I'm not sure if that happens or if something else prevents the skin from being strong again
sgtsparky
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Blood from Time to time

Postby John75 » 17 Apr 2013, 02:24

Thanks SgTsparky, I wasn't sure if this was supposed to happen or not seems to continue to happen. There isnt much pain obviously like what is was like with a chronic fissure I think seeing blood just gives the fear of it coming back. So Hearing that this can be normal is definatly more reassuring. But your right it seems the skin may take a long time to heal espcially when passing a larger stool which seems to be the case for both of us.
John75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6