Am I healing??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Am I healing??

Postby delasama » 17 Apr 2013, 21:07

I have been on diet and miralax for a couple months. I finally have zero pain everyday. Can sit too! I always wash off in shower instead of using TP after bm. Today I used TP. There was a little blood on TP. I mean it was just a little pink. Can still tell fissure is there, butt no spasms. I thought I would be at 40% by now since no spasms. Do y'all think this is a bad sign? I thought I was past the blood part by now since I have no spasms when sitting finally...am I still on road to healing? No spasms feels great! What was with the pink on toilet paper???
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Re: Am I healing??

Postby Anonymon » 18 Apr 2013, 09:18

As I've heard others mention here, there are more causes to blood than not healing. If you've medicating your fissure or are treating it regularly, the skin can bleed from irritation, there may be increased blood flow via the same mechanisms, you might have hemorrhoids, etc. The gold standard of healing seems to be having progressively less to no spasms over prolonged periods of time, then sticking with it and being healthy to promote further healing.
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby delasama » 18 Apr 2013, 13:07

I don't medicate with anything. I have zero spasms now adays though.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 18 Apr 2013, 13:08

Don't think you have to worry at all delasama.
I was certainly surprised when in the later stages of one of my fissure bouts that i saw blood on my stools but no pain or burning.
Did I reopen it I wondered. Thinking back I figured I just ever so lightly may have taken off some of the healing skin with the bm. But it did not amount to anything and I recovered.
Keep those stools soft.......GL

Postby delasama » 18 Apr 2013, 13:46

Awesome! Thanks. Miralax before dinner every night for me.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby Ever the Optimist » 18 Apr 2013, 15:09

Delasama,
Sounds like you are doing just great. :) These can only be signs that things are improving down there and I wouldn't worry too much about the blood either, particularly if it is as light as you describe.
Don't however take this as a sign to fall back into old bad habits!!! Keep up all the good work you are currently doing because even at this stage, there is a risk of a retear because that area is so so delicate. Don't stress about that though - just carry on as you are keeping everything nice and soft and even if you do have a few bad days at some point, it doesn't mean to say that the healing process has stopped. It takes a long long time to completely heal properly but sounds like you are on track x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby delasama » 18 Apr 2013, 16:56

Thank! Image
delasama
King Fissure