Botox for 2nd time

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Botox for 2nd time

Postby bgd » 22 Apr 2013, 13:31

Well, it's a vicious cycle with the spasms. The initial pain comes from the fissure when it's traumatized. That pain is felt through the nerves below the fissure, around the muscle. The hurting nerves cause the muscle to contract and squeeze a bit on the fissure. That causes more pain from the fissure, thus more contraction on the muscle and so on. So there you have a vicious cycle that goes on and on. Eventually the muscle is so contracted that it completely closes the anus and it feels like there is no hole anymore, just raw burning flesh.
Then another factor is the pure muscle pain you get from simply having the anal muscle contracted for so long. After 8-14h of contraction it feels like I've been lifting weights with my asshole, even the next day, all day long.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby bgd » 22 Apr 2013, 13:43

hendrick181 wrote:Can u describe more in detail of what you made?

The improvised applicator you mean? I used a 50 ml syringe, removed the needle and put a small rubber tube on it (10 cm), like the ones they use in fish tanks for oxygenation. Since the tube is soft, you can't stick it in, so you have to put some harder plastic ending. I used the cap that comes with the needle, cut its end to make an exit hole. I've worked the hole by holding it over a flame, to round the edges, not to hurt myself. I've hold the 3 pieces (syringe, tube, needle cap) together with tape. I also learned this from the board.
But it's a bit messy, cause the tape keeps falling off, so I made an improvement, but didn't test it yet: thin insulin syringe, cut the incorporated needle, which would leave a hole in the syringe. Enlarge the hole with a small cutter. Work the edges over a flame, round the end of the syringe. Stick the whole syringe up, it should be thin enough not to cause any pain.
Also when I insert, I make sure I press against the opposite side where the fissure is. Release cream in the rectum and as you slide out move the tip towards the fissure so the cream covers it as well.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 01 Jun 2013, 03:27

Hi all,
Haven't been on here for a while as things have been bad. As I said early in post I had Botox for 2nd time march 27th it worked for few wks. On may 6th I had BM & reopened fissure all hell broke lose. I've been in pain since but was trying to manage myself didn't work. Had app yesterday 31st may with my CRS.
She gave me the option to try Botox for the 3rd time but says we would probably be only wasting time. She recommends we go for LIS & skin tag removal. I'm booked in for June 12th I'm so nervous, not so much of procedure but first BM after surgery.
Any advice & tips would be very much appreciated 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby Rachael 1984 » 02 Jun 2013, 02:07

Hi Edel,
Sorry you have been having a rough time again. Hang in there.. I too have been having problems. Think the Botox is wearing off. Not sure if the CRS will suggest a second round, or LIS. I am scared.... Good luck to you, I pray you can get the right treatment and heal. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 02 Jun 2013, 14:50

Hi Rachael,
Thank you for replying. I've been following your diary sorry to hear Botox is failing for you too 😒. My first round was great last 8mths but this round only last 5wks it's been hell ever since. I really dread the LIS but after reading lots of good posts I think I'll cope fingers crossed. I hope whatever you decide next works for you too.
Take care 😊
Deleted User 2543