Flap surgery is friday.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Flap surgery is friday.

Postby suzyljank » 24 Apr 2013, 10:32

I thought I was doing okay, keeping busy but all of a sudden my nerves have kicked in. I was able to eat breakfast but from now until surgery it's strictly liquids. Tomorrow I do the dreaded clean out and friday morning I have surgery. They will be keeping me overnight to make sure they manage any pain I get before I go home. I am greatful for that. I don't like to take any medicine but will do whatever I have to do not to be in a lot of pain. I'm really more worried about the spasms. My CRS said he's going to put me on valium for a few days plus whatever pain meds I need. I've been cooking up a storm to keep busy. I think I have enough food made and frozen that my husband wouldn't have to cook for a least a month. I just wish I could calm down and stop second guessing my decision. Oh well. It's nice to know I can talk to all of you. This is a fantastic support group. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Flap surgery is friday.

Postby jr2 » 24 Apr 2013, 14:44

Suzy,
It's so so hard to go in to these kinds of surgeries, because they are totally optional. And we know how big a decision this has been for you. The day or two before a surgery ... these are the days that are so excruciating. I'm so relieved to hear they will keep you overnight though so they can monitor pain levels and just generally take care of you.
We're all here for you, and looking forward to a recovery period that goes as smoothly as possible, and most especially for the time really soon when you can look back and be so glad to be healed and feeling better.
(If your anxiety gets bad in the next day or so, maybe your doctor could write you a prescription for some Valium to start on a little early.)
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: Flap surgery is friday.

Postby Savaici » 26 Apr 2013, 12:20

Dear Suzy,
The day has come, and by the time you read this it will all be over. Only the healing to go!
Just to let you know, that we are all holding you in our thoughts and look forward to your first post.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222