Fissure finally healed thanks to LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissure finally healed thanks to LIS

Postby thefer74 » 24 Apr 2013, 21:07

Hi
My nightmare started in June. I was on a trip in Hawaii and my chronic fissure came to an ulgy head. I had alot of pain and bleeding for two months. I passed it off since I had no insurance. It finally went away or so I thought. Then while at work in November, I got extremely dizzy and was running a fever. I went to the bathroom because I felt something wet. As I was wipping, I found a painful lump on the outside of my anus near the fissure. Later that night, it rupture as I was watching TV. I immediately got into a CRS two days later. I developed an abscess. This later developed into a fistula. Had my first surgery in December for the abscess, fissure and fistula. They did not do an LIS at that time. After surgery, pain and bleeding continued. The fissure was wide open.
Finally around March, I thought that I developed a 2nd abscess. I had spasms so bad, I couldn't walk. I went back to the first surgeon and he was completely dumbfounded and said I have a new fissure. He referred me to his colleague. He saw me on a Wed and I had surgery the following Tuesday. Luckly for me, this guy was smart and he told me that the original fissure was still there because an LIS was not done in the first place.
I am happy to report that as of now, there is no evidence of a fissure. It looks closed, no pain or bleeding. The LIS worked. Plus it is so much easier to go to the bathroom. I wish that the first surgeon did it right the first time but I am grateful that the 2nd one finally fixed it.
If you are thinking about an LIS, do it. It is a very easy surgery to recover from. I had pain the first 3-4 days but it was well controlled with pain meds.
thefer74
Salt Bather

Topics: 22

Re: Fissure finally healed thanks to LIS

Postby jr2 » 25 Apr 2013, 19:16

This is just the best news! Image
You've been through so much and I'm just thrilled to read that you are finally feeling better!
Hooray!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby ravians » 26 Apr 2013, 00:27

happy to hear that a fissure sufferer has gone far away from it. I m also suffering from two fissures.. tried all things but just temporary relief only. let me ask u few things about ur LIS experience.
1.did ur first bm after lis opened tear?
2.after how many days of lis u were able to walk n then drive comfortably.
3.how long did it take to heal ur fissure after lis or at least pain free bm after lis.
4.did u experience any degree of bowel inconsistency after lis.
please do reply as I really want to know ur experience it will encourage me for my lis.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby howtobepositive » 28 Apr 2013, 14:44

Congrats dude!! This is what I need to hear 2 days before my LIS! Must have been tough and I am glad your misery is over........YAY!!!
I just posted my story on here - http://anal-fissure.org/t6578-going-for-lis-on-april-30-2013-need-help-to-calm-down
would love to get a response from you, in case you had any of the same questions I do......
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby richibeno » 29 Apr 2013, 08:58

thefer
This is fantastic news so pleased for you
This brings an end to rubbish time for you
I hope I'm not to far behind you '
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28