For those who had botox

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

For those who had botox

Postby JHH » 26 Apr 2013, 02:32

Hi all
Im having botox in a few weeks, and would like to know if the procedure tears open the fissure or irritate it, and making the pain worse.
I feel like Im stuck at 50-75% healed, and still have burning for a few hours a day. Its nowhere as painfull or long lasting as when the fissure was fresh. Can I expect the botox to worsen the pain/fissure, or can I expect to come out on the other side feeling as I do now?
TIA!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Re: For those who had botox

Postby Rachael 1984 » 26 Apr 2013, 02:50

Hi JHH, glad to hear you are going for the Botox. I was in more pain afterwards due to the banded hems and the EAU with the Botox. My fissures felt raw again and where the injections had gone in it was sore. The Botox has taken 2/3 weeks for me to kick in. I am doing okay now, no pain on BM and keeping up sitz baths and drying the area well. I think everyone responds differently to the Botox. Good luck, keep us posted. Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby jdhouseholder » 26 Apr 2013, 08:35

Hey JHH, I had Botox yesterday. I just woke up and am a little sore. I went into the procedure with no fissure pain yesterday except just a bit after bm's and I can tell you that even if it did aggregate my fissure it is not bad at all! Very manageable. The way I can explain the pain is like a swollen feeling and sore, like someone has held a mini boxing match but I promise this pain is no where near the initial fissure pain we have all dealt with. I am even about to go in for a half a day of teaching in about 2 hours. Good luck with the Botox......let us know how it went! Image
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby hendrick181 » 12 May 2013, 13:51

Hi JHH, i had two rounds of botox. The first feb 21st. Felt great the next day. Was a little bit sore but i think more from the injection site. Had a great month and felt like i was starting to get my life back..then had a re-tear and the spasms returned. 2nd round of botox was 3 weeks ago and it is starting to wear off. I think for me its the spasms that are so unbelievably painful, not the fissure itself... Im going to call and get LIS asap....but when the botox was working i did feel great....in both cases i was back to work the next day....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby JHH » 12 May 2013, 14:03

Thank you all :D
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 12 May 2013, 14:28

Hi JHH,
I had 2 rounds of Botox one last year which lasted 8mths was excellent relief after a wk. this year in march had hard BM and new fissure so had Botox end of march took 2 wks to kick in was very sore & bruised then 3 wks no pain last wk I had another tear & have been in pain since Botox wearing off very soon this time not impressed😒. I'm back with CRS end of mth to discuss LIS.
I'd still give Botox a shot best of luck to you 😊
Deleted User 2543