2nd round cauterization - GO/NOGO?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

2nd round cauterization - GO/NOGO?

Postby bgd » 29 Apr 2013, 07:51

So I had cauterization done on April 1st. First 2 BMs were great, it really felt like it closed the wound. But after the 3rd one all hell broke loose and the pain and spasms increased considerably, in duration and intensity. Now I'm somewhat better, got some healing, especially after botox.
Around April 15 doc wanted to repeat, I opposed. I really believe it worsened my condition. I just have a different feel of my fissure. Before it felt like a cut, now it feels like a burnt wound, which makes sense. Cauterization might work on small fissures, but I have a big one.
Doctor insists again on cauterization. Don't know what to do. I can see it's not a practice over the pond, but if you guys have an opinion, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: 2nd round cauterization - GO/NOGO?

Postby jr2 » 29 Apr 2013, 10:14

bgd
That's a really tough question since so few people have cauterization done for fissures, and usually the people I've heard of who have had it done had it following a surgery when the fissure had mostly healed but just needed a little help in the last stages of healing.
Your own gut instinct told you back on the 15th that it wasn't the way to go for you and you weren't feeling comfortable with a second cauterization, so I'm wondering if maybe you could get a second opinion from another surgeon?
jr2

Topics: 15