Help with retear and a skin tag

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Help with retear and a skin tag

Postby mkotb » 02 May 2013, 14:18

Hi everyone, i have been suffering with a fissure on and off for the past 2 years now.I could not see it but all i could see is a small skin tag..it pains on the left side right at the start of the skin tag..i saw two gastro doctors and they are of no help at all...tried so many things...finally this is what is helping me....MOM 2tbsps a day...i used this for 2 weeks and had no pain at all...after 2 weeks i stopped.i was fine for 2 days, the second day i had a nice bowel movement in the morning and in the evening i felt again but i could not go..thats it...today the first tip became very hard and i am back with little blood and pain....i used glucerin suppository in the morning but that didnt help....i eat fruits,veggies,nut butters, quinoa as my diet....
I am totally lost in this loop of on and off pain...please suggest on how to proceed further..what else i can do to keep it at bay....
i will use MOM today...but i am worried that it will make me loose electrolytes in my body (someone in this forum referred me to this article http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/laxatives/HQ00088)...i tried miralax sometime back...and it wasnt as effective as MOM was on me. I am using coconut oil to lubricate. please suggest as i am planning for kids this year...but until this gets resolved i cannot imagine the thought of babies....
mkotb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Help with retear and a skin tag

Postby owmybum » 02 May 2013, 14:50

I would try mirilax again... Maybe you need to adjust the dose a bit to get it just right for you.
Remember to drink plenty of fluids through out the day.
Have you seen a CRS? Have you been prescribed any creams... Diltiazem, nitro?
I would advise using a blob of Vaseline on your anus just before a bm to lubricate and protect the fissure. Warm baths or sitz baths are great for relaxing those tight anal muscles.
If you haven't seen a crs, I would advise you to get referred to one.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jr2 » 02 May 2013, 15:18

Milk of Magnesia and Miralax work by drawing water into the colon and therefore these products help soften stool. As long as you are eating a healthy diet, are generally healthy, are drinking plenty of fluids, and you are not having frequent diarrhea, the electrolyte imbalance really shouldn't be a problem.
On the rest of the tips, I ditto what owmybum has suggested.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby mkotb » 02 May 2013, 15:35

thanks a lot..u guys are the best...
i have visited 2 gastro doctors so far...one gave cortisone suppositories which are a waste for me...the other one actually daignosed this as a fissure but gave nothing...told me to do what i am doing currently but if it flares up told me to go for MOM....but the tear is happening again and agian howmuch ever i up my fruits and veggies intake and i am a pure vegetarian....but long as the first tip becomes hard the tear is happening...as u guys suggested...i think i should go to a CRS now....thanks again....
mkotb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1