Fissure aggravation/ Retear????

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure aggravation/ Retear????

Postby richibeno » 07 May 2013, 06:29

Hi Eto
How are you 'i hope you are doing better now.
I hope the irritation is OK '
Good luck on Friday for the crs
hope its all good news
I'm not to bad still a little irritated after a bm .and a liitle blood but only on first wipe so I have opened it a little as you said it looks fissure again hope if sorts its self out 'dont know whether to see my crs again seems like every month I end up there but I'm in no massive pain '
Good luck
Here's to great healing
Health and happiness
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Ever the Optimist » 09 May 2013, 16:09

Thanks Rich for remembering :)
Yes CRS tomorrow and I have lots of questions on allsorts! So I'll update then on that....
Muzgut, thanks for your great comments. I can now truly relate to your views on set-backs and I love your affirmation. It's just that I didn't have a set-back like this for a long while and it scared me.
I realise now that the set-back really was a set back and nothing more - I've actually gone back to some very "good" days after this and more convinced now that the fissure is healing OK. It really is the internal hems/ sentinel pile - whatever! that give any grief these days!
The IBS calmed down and the stomach pains dramatically reduced after a couple of weeks, as has the hypersensitivity issue and I also found a really interesting link I've now posted about the IBS and the Menstrual Cycle connection, considering this was all triggered during and just after my cycle. Of course, it may well also have been down to something in my diet at the time too but I'm plotting it now to see if there are any connections. Life generally has become a lot less stressful too since starting in a new & more comfortable job role, so that stress itself has reduced.
So, to anyone reading with a chronic fissure - don't give up! If it's healing and you get a set-back, it's more than likely that you have developed a lot more resistance to retearing then you think.
Thanks again everyone for your fantastic support through a bit of a rough time and I'll update on my appointment tomorrow. I plan to be asking lots of questions on hems/ skin tags & chronic fissures!!! Infact, I will listen very carefully to my CRS but might have to challenge him with a few of my own thoughts too!!!
Take Care all Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby howtobepositive » 09 May 2013, 20:51

jr2 wrote:ETO,
I just posted a new study that just came out in the American Journal of Gastroenterology in the References section about the effect of diet on chronic anal fissure healing. You might want to take a peek. Some interesting findings.

Hi jr2, can you post the link to that study here as I couldnt find it....I suffer from IBS big time as well :(
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby howtobepositive » 09 May 2013, 20:52

jr2 wrote:ETO ...
If you want to learn moreabout FODMAPS and are considering a dietician, there is an excellent book on it called "IBS Free at Last" by Patsy Catsos. Basically, you learn about the kinds of foods that generally cause trouble for people with IBS, and follow a diet plan that eliminates the most common trigger foods and has you add back foods slowly over time to test your tolerance levels.
The idea behind it has to do with imbalances in the bacteria in the intestines of people with IBS and how you need to learn what foods feed the problem bacteria for your individual physiology so you can be careful about limiting those foods in your diet.
I'm so glad to read that Rachael is seeing improvements with it! Yay!

I just picked up that book from the library a couple of days ago but havent started, this endorsement will definitely push me towards it :) IBS suckssssssssss.......I hate it!!
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby Ever the Optimist » 10 May 2013, 06:17

Image Chronic fissure.......100% naturally healed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
confirmed by my CRS this morning.
This has to have it's own thread.....
I'll be back - just letting the news sink in Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby galamat » 10 May 2013, 10:18

Double Congratssss!!!!!!! Because you are healed and you are healed with no surgery Waoooo!!
Could you please post what were the things you think help you the most?
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6