I really need to gain some weight..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I really need to gain some weight..

Postby Kreaybutt » 19 May 2013, 14:34

Do y'all have any advise on foods we can eat to help gain weight or recipes? I already eat avocados everyday, nuts (I chew them very well) and use butter in most my meals. I love butter! I've lost a lot of weight with my fissure diet AND breast feeding. Thanks for any advise!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: I really need to gain some weight..

Postby Ever the Optimist » 19 May 2013, 15:07

Kreaybutt,
Trust me - I lost an awful lot of weight! Now my fissure has healed, the weight is starting to go back on again! but I needed to put some back on too.
I think the fact I am actually eating MORE because I am no longer afraid to eat (still very fissure-friendly) but just larger quantities is doing the trick not to mention the amount of chocolate I have started to consume again!! (This actually helps me produce softer BM's)....
Perhaps you too need to eat a bit more? I don't know how I was surviving on the calorie intake I was getting this time last year!! As long as it's all good, healthy, fissure-friendly stuff producing those soft stools, that's the most important thing ...........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: I really need to gain some weight..

Postby Kreaybutt » 19 May 2013, 16:39

Ya know the past few days I've been eating dark chocolate and having softer more often stools. I loveeeeee chocolate! Idk how I've gone this long not eating much and still producing milk for my baby. I've been eating bigger portions lately though to make up for the calories I lose breast feeding. Hoping it doesn't make my BM's bigger :( I try to eat a little chocolate once a day in hopes of starting to gain Image
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30