Ouch!!!!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Ouch!!!!!!

Postby Andysponge » 27 May 2013, 11:02

Iam Soooo glad of this forum I have suffered with a fissure for twelve months the pains are horrific after a flare up how do people work? I came home early today because of the severe pain😁Soooo glad am not the only one x
Andysponge

Topics: 2

Re: Ouch!!!!!!

Postby Peppermint Patty » 28 May 2013, 14:39

Hi! Just wanted to say welcome! I've had my fissure for a few months now, and I've had to leave work early a number of times myself. (Thank goodness I have a very understanding boss. She's awesome!) I work as an office assistant, so I'm sitting a lot of the time - not easy! I, too, was very glad when I found this forum - so much great advice here. Miralax and sitz baths have become my best friends as well as lots of water and fiber, and the pain has decreased incredibly. Check around the forum and see what works best for you. It's a lot of trial and error, but you'll work it out! And know that you are definitely not alone!! :D
Peppermint Patty
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Ever the Optimist » 28 May 2013, 16:45

Andysponge,
You are so NOT the only one!!!
12 months is a long time of suffering and constant flare-ups - Have you considered the LIS option at all??
I'm also a full-time worker and worked pretty much through my worst fissure days too - I found a hot bath every morning after my BM very helpful + a pain killer with breakfast and a soft cushion (on top of a Donut!) the best way forward at work. Fortunately, I too had a very sympathetic boss at that time but amazingly did not take any time off other than for EUAs and Fistula surgery recovery. Work was actually a major help for me because it provided me with major distraction.......
My fissure eventually healed naturally after a very long time (and got better and better with time) but I think had I been suffering to the extent you describe at the 1 year stage, I would have definitely gone back to my CRS to discuss LIS.
I truly wish you all the best in resolving your issue and yes, please scour this site in the meantime for anything that can help relieve your pain x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Andysponge » 29 May 2013, 08:44

Thank you for your replys and help day 7 since flare up and just stopped bleeding after bm just so painfully after gonna give it another week of laxative and rectalgesic( which is awful to use headaches etc) then its back to the docs I have had enough, I cannot plan trips with the kids life is on hold!!!!! But it ain't gonna beat me!😉
Andysponge

Topics: 2

Postby marg6043 » 29 May 2013, 15:52

Andysponge, hi, sorry that you have been in pain for such a long time.
But only proper care will make a fissure more manageable, the creams and pain killers help, but you have to find a way and a routine, with trials and errors that will work for you.
Once you have painful fissure for soo, long life will never be the same again.
But as with everything it takes time for a fissure to heal once is chronic and if you are already to a point that can not take it anymore is always surgery to help speed up the healing.
I wish you the best in your road to recovery from this painful problem.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8