Ouch!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Ouch!!!!

Postby Andysponge » 27 May 2013, 10:36

I have had a chronic fissure for about a year now using stool softness and rectalgesic cream, but just had a major flare up more pain than I have had ever, how do people work with this condition I went home early today because I couldn't stand, sit, walk it was horrific, iam so glad iam not the only one
Andysponge

Topics: 2

Re: Ouch!!!!

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 27 May 2013, 20:58

You're definitely not alone. Have you been taking sitz baths? What else have you been doing for the fissures besides the softeners and cream?
Hang in there! We're here to help you through it.
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Ouch!!!!

Postby marg6043 » 29 May 2013, 16:47

Andysponge, I have my fissure for 11 months and while is not gone is more manageable, trying to let a fissure heal naturally is a long and painful road of ups and downs with flare ups and pain, but it should get better, if you are experiencing terrible pain after doing everything you can to keep the area comfortable, with medication, soft MBs, lubrication, sitz bath and a proper diet, perhaps surgery will work for you.
I always say to my self that if I get a major set back that will bring my pain and suffering to the point when my fissure was fresh, I will have no problem scheduling surgery.
I hope things get better for you and I wish you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8