I thought I was cured, It's back I am so hurting

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I thought I was cured, It's back I am so hurting

Postby 3 years now » 03 Jun 2013, 18:40

I thought the dreaded evil was cured, so many months of improvement, almost gone, hardly noticed my fissure.I think the combination of time, careful diet, coconut oil, magnesium etc had me cured.
Lately I have had many hard stresses in my life: personal and work, the more the stress piled up, the more I felt my fissure. In the last weeks I had sores on the outside of my rear end, painful sores. Today, after emptying, I felt that feeling that I have not felt in 2 years, horrible spasm and burning hot coal pain, blood on the stool.
I am sorry to be negative. The only thing i have not tried is surgery. I wont do that, I don't believe in them cutting me down there. I fear I will never get rid of it, and now I fear a long long road ahead just to get it manageable again. At 46, will it ever just go away. I guess I am a literal tight a$$.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: I thought I was cured, It's back I am so hurting

Postby crimeofpassion » 03 Jun 2013, 20:42

I know you said you won't do surgery, but unfortunately it may really be your best option. It's very successful for most people. Have you tried Botox or dilation? Have you gone to a CRS for some of the prescription ointments that are available out there to calm the spasms?
Sadly, sometimes the natural, gentler treatments just aren't enough.
While LIS may sound crazy - why make ANOTHER cut down there, right?! - chances are it will help you. Give it some thought...
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 03 Jun 2013, 21:52

I had LIS and my only regret was that I didn't do it sooner. If your CRS recommends it, have LIS and get your life back.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby ravians » 04 Jun 2013, 01:09

dear all r right even if ur pain is manageable but disturbing ur social n routine life n ur future plans by adding uncertainty about ur health then go for LIS if ur crs recommends it. cz mostly it heals n every day that passes ur r on the road to recovery. n if unfortunately retear happens at least it heals very quickly.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby ravians » 04 Jun 2013, 01:11

going for LIS is far better than crying n living a fissure life
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ravians » 04 Jun 2013, 01:24

delaying surgery n keeping it as last option is not a good choice as healing n retear cause scarring which ultimately results in stenosis ( narrowing of anal canal) n further problems. at that only LIS will not b the solution. the early u go for LIS more quickly n perfectly u will heal. but remember u need to stay very careful for early few weeks post op n then later also u will have to stay away from testing rigorously ur healed fissure. lastly if ur crs recommends go for it don't b afraid just because it's a surgery. its just fear that is keepingost of us away from it. but actually it's far far better optionthan keep hurting yourself daily.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby 3 years now » 04 Jun 2013, 07:33

ok, I am hearing you all. I have been battling this condition for 4 1/2 years, it goes away then comes back. Its as bad now as it was when I first got it.
I saw a CRS 2 years ago, he shooed me away quickly, told me no alcohol, chocolate or spicy foods. he said " I see a little irritation there, no big deal" shoulder shrug and I was out the door.
I took the nitro cream way back when I first had this, I guess I should get back to the doc and find a different CRS.
This is so frustrating, and doctors know so little about this condition
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2013, 12:59

Hi 3 years now
Soo sorry to hear of your recent set-backs. :oops:
Been there, done that too. I almost re-tore just the other day.
It sounds like your AFs were much like mine, always coming and going--too much coming though. Please, I hope you did not slack-off like I did after many months of improving.
When you get back into your groove and healing, please stay on top of things as its very easy for us to relax here and there.
A little less water this week, a little less exercising that week, a little less veggies another week, a little less S-softener in yet another can come back to haunt you down there.
Please do not let your stress compel you to neglect these things though it may be hard.
Hope you do not need surgery, I never thought of surgery only because I was dirt poor.
But I don't know if I would rule it out.
But after 15+(many months of reprieve) years of fighting my recurring AFs, I am back to %100 down there, just to let you know that indeed chronic recurring fissures like mine can be defeated without surgery.
HTH Gl
P.S.
staying on top of my regime would have cut those 15+ years way down IM0.
Last edited by Guest on 04 Jun 2013, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Postby marg6043 » 04 Jun 2013, 14:38

3 years now sorry to hear your fissure is back, but you need look for a good CRS with experience on LIS, that is the key of getting better results on healing if you decide to take the surgery road, because let be honest, after 4 + years and still having the condition coming back is time rethink what to do next.
Now you mention sores, while I am not doctor I imagine that it could be multiple fissure forming or something else that needs medical attention, so I suggest you get and appointment as soon as possible to make sure that is just fissures and not something else.
I wish you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby owmybum » 04 Jun 2013, 14:44

So sorry you have had a re tare. It's just so disappointing when it happens.
I have been through the same thing over the last couple of years.. Healing, tearing, healing, tearing etc I am now going in for surgery Friday week.
I hope you can get settled back again really soon, and get in to see another crs, who will not shoo you away dismissively.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !