Surgery resolved one now I have another

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgery resolved one now I have another

Postby littlebutterfly » 10 Jun 2013, 17:19

Five weeks post-op. I have another fissure in a different location. I want to die. I cannot do this again.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Re: Surgery resolved one now I have another

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 10 Jun 2013, 23:52

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear you're having another problem. What can we do? It's so unfair it's ridiculous! what are your doctors saying. Talk to us!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby littlebutterfly » 10 Jun 2013, 23:59

My doctor spent three minutes with me today. Gave me nitro. Massive migraine now about to vomit everywhere. Honestly. I'm going to go on juices and let my body heal on its own. There is really nothing they can do at this point. I'm in hell.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 11 Jun 2013, 00:14

Little Butterfly, I am sorry that you have another Fissure. I know that another member on here, I think it was Lauren, she had other fissures after LIS, but they did heal pretty quickly because the muscle was still relaxed. What regime are you following? Are you on stool softeners and good diet? I haven't had LIS myself, I have had Botox and I know the struggle with having more than one of the monsters. Just when you think everything is okay, they rear their ugly heads again. Please think this won't be forever, there has got to be an end to all of this. If you are anxious and depressed, which happened to me big time, maybe some meds may help you. They have really helped me cope with the ongoing pain and anxiety of having fissures. We are all here for you. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 11 Jun 2013, 00:17

Be careful going on juices, you won't be giving your body any nourishment. Also I checked with my dietician and CRS, if you cut out solids, it will play havoc with your bowel and BM'S.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby jdhouseholder » 11 Jun 2013, 20:12

I am sorry!! I will tell you about a month after my LIS my fissure tore again but healed faster!! I know it's so depressing but hang in there. Stay on your stool softeners and up your Sitz baths. That hot water really helps. Keep us updated!
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby littlebutterfly » 16 Jun 2013, 09:00

How will a liquid diet aggravate my bowels?
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 16 Jun 2013, 19:24

littlebutterfly, soo sorry to hear about the new fissure, but remember this time it may take less for this one to heal, as you already been relaxed in the sphincter, is not uncommon for some people to either reopen the old one of get a new one, just do what the doctor tell you to do and try not to stress, I know, I know is hard to relax but you are still healing.
Also be careful with liquid diets as they can give you diarrhea, you want the stools to be soft but you don't want diarrhea that will irritate your bowels and your fissure.
Diarrhea is what caused my fissure so be careful.
Balance is the key to have the perfect stools.
I hope you heal fast so you can get your life back.
ImageImage
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby littlebutterfly » 16 Jun 2013, 19:33

Thank you. It is a little trickier for me as I have severe motility issues in my gut. Never in my life have I had normal bowels. And I will not get my life back after this is resolved. I have a lot of serious chronic health issues. But this has officially put me over the top. I am hoping that if this resolves I will resume my status quo of being able to at least cope and handle life. This truly is making it very hard to want to live anymore. It's the little something extra that is one not so little and two just downright more than I can handle. And I handle A LOT. Thank you for your advice and love.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 16 Jun 2013, 19:42

littlebutterfly, you are not along dear, we all been there and feel sometimes that if this the life we are going to live in pain and discomfort is not life at all, but trust me is hope is always hope don't you ever forget that, is more to life a lot more than just pain.
I developed chronic diarrhea after my gallbladder removal this is what brought up my last fissure, I had to take medications to keep the diarrhea control and still it was difficult, but after a year I am now better much better.
I know the stress and anxiety that all this can cause but is light at the end of the tunnel and this will get better.
Do not lose hope.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8