Tearing sensation with no blood

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Tearing sensation with no blood

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 13 Jun 2013, 09:56

Good Morning fellow Bum sufferers, 
Yesterday I had a completely pain free BM. (I ended up sobbing and hysterically happy). But then today, mid BM, it felt like it re-opened. But there was no blood on the toilet paper and it didn't "sting", it was just pain. 
Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what it means? 
Thank you :)
Deleted User 2651

Re: Tearing sensation with no blood

Postby Ever the Optimist » 13 Jun 2013, 14:27

Keepingthehope,
I wouldn't stress on this too much, especially since you say you had no bleeding or no real stinging. Was the pain simply during the process or did it linger for a while after or worsen?
In my experience, I never bled with my fissure - I just had that awful searing stinging throbbing aftermath of pain that lasted for hours. As my fissure got better, the afterpain and intensity reduced incredibly but I would still have pain sometimes with a BM as the stool passed over that delicate area but it did NOT last or get worse after, as it did previously, which was an idication for me that I was actually healing.
Pain-free BMs are also extremely positive signs and if you haven't been really suffering much since that BM, then I would say you are doing OK and keep up with all the really good work you are doing!!!
All the very best to you in your healing :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 13 Jun 2013, 14:47

Thanks Optimist,
It just felt like it was getting stretched really bad when the bowel passed. It did linger a little after the bowel.  It felt like during the MB it was being stretched open then when it passed it was just tender for a while. I'm really hoping it keeps going well... I see the CRS for my 1 month follow up on Tuesday and I'm planning on getting good news!
Thank you for the encouragement. :)
Deleted User 2651

Postby Ever the Optimist » 14 Jun 2013, 00:49

KeepingTheHope,
This sounds pretty normal still because if your fissure is healing well, you will be developing scar tissue in the area, which is still very delicate and you will possibly feel a larger/ slightly harder stool as it passes over this (which is why life-long good dietary habits = soft stools are essential forever!) Truly hoping you get some excellent feedback from your CRS next Tuesday :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Jun 2013, 02:25

Hello KTH,
I am getting this at the moment, scratching on BM, some soreness afterwards.My CRS said i am healing, which i was surprised at... I know the Fissure that keeps on getting irritated is chronic, and it will take longer to heal. Good luck with your CRS.Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2013, 06:11

Yay.. that's a good sign.  Keep a log of what you ate, when you ate, and how much you ate in the past 24 hours.  Continue with the same food for the next three days or until you think, your fissure is no more itching, burning, or hurting.  Looks like this food works well with your tummy and will give some time for your fissure to heal.
Yes, I too have experienced this and those mornings use to be the best times ever !  A strict diet can keep fissures at bay for many many years.  All you have to do is keep a track of what your tummy likes, and dislikes !
Last edited by Guest on 14 Jun 2013, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a line

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 14 Jun 2013, 11:12

Thank you all for the encouragement. I will tell myself it's a good sign and go from there. Today so far hasn't been that bad.
I'll post an update on Tuesday or Wednesday after the appointment.
Thanks!
Deleted User 2651