Questions about Applying Rectiv

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Questions about Applying Rectiv

Postby crimeofpassion » 14 Jun 2013, 08:14

Okay, a bit concerned with the Rectiv application. Had a BM this morning that was perfect consistency, almost no pain or burning when I went. Unfortunately about 10 minutes later I had to go to the bathroom again. BM was fine – ideal, really, on the Bristol scale, but this time I had more burning. Took my usual morning bath with Epsom salts before work, then applied the Rectiv with my pinky both internally and externally. I don’t feel a whole lot of pain while actually applying it, but AFTERWARD I get these sharp jabs of pain. While I was driving to work I got one that was so sharp it made me gasp a bit. Normally I don’t get much sharp pain with a fissure save for the first time it tears. I usually get burning or a more dull, achey sort of pain.
Should I be worried that I’m making things worse? I know it’s important to try to get at least a little cream inside, but this feels almost counterproductive…
Itchy today, too. Is that a side effect of Rectiv?
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Darkeyes » 14 Jun 2013, 13:51

I used the medication to lubricate but I was using nifedipine which has fewer side effects.  I wouldn't use nitro to lubricate because it has the potential for more side effects.  I'm actually starting nitro tonight and I'm going to try lubricating with a little Vaseline.
I'm sorry you're having pain after applying the medication.  Has anyone else out there experienced that?  Itching seems to be a side effect that some people experience.  I hope it gets better for you.
Darkeyes
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby crimeofpassion » 14 Jun 2013, 14:00

Well, my thought is, how can it NOT cause some pain and irritation if you have to use your finger to apply it internally? I was able to use some Preparation H suppositories once in awhile when I was having some overly loose stool from the Miralax, but a finger is another thing entirely. As someone else mentioned in this thread, this medication really should be offered in suppository form too.
It's not like it's severe, all-day pain that makes me think, oh my gosh, I REALLY screwed things up! This is TERRIBLE! But it's enough to make me wonder, oh shoot...is this going to hinder my healing at all? Or is it just to be expected?
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby crimeofpassion » 15 Jun 2013, 10:49

Bumping in hopes for advice!
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist