here at last!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

here at last!!!

Postby puzzledbutt » 16 Jun 2013, 03:28

big hello from belfast to all my fellow sufferers!! u dont know how happy i am to b able to chat to others who understand. ive been reading forum from january but only managed to sign in this morning. i think all of u r great and so brave. i want to tell u all that reading ur posts have helped me so much at times when i really felt like i didnt want to wake up again. let me introduce myself i am a 44yr old woman and i have been suffering fron jan with a fissure that has a lovely big senimal pile hanging of it and i am due for botox on tuesday so i have been reading wwith interest jhh and racheal posts. lastly can i say ever the optimist i think ur words r wonderful!! loads of love to u all! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Re: here at last!!!

Postby JHH » 16 Jun 2013, 03:46

Welcome  :D
I really hope botox will be successfull for you!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 16 Jun 2013, 04:28

Hi and welcome.... I just had Botox Friday... So we can recover together!!!
OMB x
And I second the comment about ETO... She is wonderful!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Ever the Optimist » 16 Jun 2013, 05:21

Hi Puzzled, :)
Thankyou for your lovely words.......& Big hugs to both you & the lovely OMB xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry you have to be here, but it is really the best place to be when suffering with anal issues. There is so much support and wonderful people on this site to help you along your fissure journey. We've all been there, so completely understand what you're going through.
All the very best with your Botox - it helps a lot of people in their healing process and yes OMB, JHH & Rachael have all been through that procedure, so will definitely be here to share their experiences I'm sure....I didn't have Botox. I had a very successful experience using Diltiziem cream and got there in the end!....but am happy just to be here, helping others and keeping up-to-date with any of the latest advancements in fissure cures!!...I truly hope this helps you through & don't worry too much about that Sentinel pile. As long as it's not particularly troubling you, you'll find it will get less bothersome and probably shrink a lot as your fissure starts to get better.
Finally, have to say I absolutely fell in love with Belfast! I have family near Stranraer, so have taken the ferry across a few times. It's a fabulous city!....I was there when the "Cow" exhibition was in town by the City Hall at the height of the Olympics last year. Had a fabulous time........
Anyway, stay strong, stay positive and have faith that the Botox will help you and you WILL get through all this!!! All the very best....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby puzzledbutt » 16 Jun 2013, 11:40

hi everybody! im so pleased to see all my wee replys! im not great on computers and stuff a bit silly of me i know but never really needed to use one until now kids will b lucky to get near it from now on!:-) yes ownybum i will have to read ur thread to see how the botox is going for you thank u for ur lovely welcome hope ur healing and leaving all that pain behind u. jhh thank u for ur first wee reply to me i will b heading over to ur botox diary shortly to see if u feel a wee bit better again after the pizza i really hope u do i have been thinking about u. and ever the optimist what can i say just that i am so touched by ur reply i could only feel positive and have faith knowing i habe such a supportive crew helping eachother. im so glad i found u all i really needed somewhere like this :-) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 16 Jun 2013, 11:51

LOL, thank you :D
Im a bit better yes. Today wasnt as bad as yesterday, but hopefully Im getting painfree soon again. 
One thing I have leared, is that the most important thing battling a fissure, is to keep your BM soft and easy to pass. Even with botox Image
Can you tell us a bit more about your experiences, and routines. Are you on any ointment? Stoolsoftner? Have you seen a CRS, and what does he say?
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby JHH » 16 Jun 2013, 11:55

P.S. If you are here to stay for awhile (a short while hopefully) please consider an avatar. I found it makes it much easier for me to remember people and their story :)
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby puzzledbutt » 16 Jun 2013, 13:19

oh thank goodness ur feeling better jhh my eyes nearly popped out when i read u had pizza and u werent feeling great, its really hard especially when everyone else is eatting lovely things like pizza and big dirty garlic chips and ur sitting there with veggie soup! i have become like a food stalker i watch people eat and i have also become a feeder i buy in and make my family eat all the foods that i would love then sit and watch them lol!! im turning so weird! it all started with hard bms i thought i had piles until the deathly pain of the fissure made my partner get me to a crs he confirmed i had a fissure and ive been using rectogesic from march. went bac to work and felt as if i was getting better started to wear heels and all again only to have a retear after abot 3wks of not bleeding. i never broke my diet i live on fruit wit a bix, fish and roasted veg, i honestly dont know why i bleed again. had to cancel holiday to rome and two trips to london. so partner got back in touch with crs and going for botox on tuesday . im very nervous ive had a good week and no bleeding i hope the doc doesnt make fissy angry again i dont like her when shes angry!! i take 2 stool softeners one in morning and one in evening i also take magnesium 250 2 a day. i hope u havent fallen asleep after all that!!:-)
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 17 Jun 2013, 15:02

LOL Puzzled,
I'm still awake, and you tell that CRS of yours to be gentle with you!!
It sounds like you're doing all the right stuff, so don't be overly concerned about the bleeding - It happens even with healing fissures. It's the pain levels that are a better indicator of where you're at and if you've been feeling better, that's actually a great sign.
All the very best to you with the Botox next Tuesday - Keep us posted and yes, I think we all go a bit loopy with fissures - main thing is to keep a sense of humour with it all! Don't worry about going weird - I keep a bottle of Olive Oil, bottle of Coconut Oil and all sorts of concoctions in the bathroom by my sink - Heaven knows what people think when they come round and use my loo!....
Ha! My family are actually forced to suffer my cooking, which is generally very fissure-friendly, my daughter moans that I cook far too many vegetables and that we never have "nice" things to eat (namely Pizza/ Sausages/  & Chips - all the rubbish stuff kids love!) & that I never take her to McDonalds anymore.....!!
Keep up the good work and you'll be back in your heels again soon hopefully xx  :D
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby puzzledbutt » 17 Jun 2013, 15:31

lol! just seen ur wee message eto! glad u understand defo goin ti get the coconut oil. thank u for another lovely reply xox
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist