Surgery resolved one now I have another

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery resolved one now I have another

Postby littlebutterfly » 16 Jun 2013, 20:11

Thank you, Marg6043. So does this mean that I may not need another surgery and can recover? I am at the moment having diarrhea and have since the end of April. So strange because I have severe gastroparesis and have never gone on my own. Something in my belly shifted. I don't want diarrhea nor do I want impaction and constipation so severe to warrant daily enemas. No idea how I am going to achieve that perfect bowel movement. No idea what to eat and what to take. Because again. There is a lot more going on than a fissure for me. Add to that the severe fungal and bacterial and lyme I have that all feed off of sugar and hence its need to be restricted. And my laundry list of food intolerances. And that oxalates make my Fibro pain way worse. And that anal fissure dietary recommendations are contraindicated for gastroparesis due to fiber. I AM AT A LOSS. Again. I just want this fissure gone so I can focus on the rest of my issues. Deal with my other treatments without distraction. Tend to my mom with Alzheimers. Work with my lawyer on disability. I don't have the energy for this right now. I can barely function without this. I still welcome any and all tips!
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Postby marg6043 » 16 Jun 2013, 20:33

littlebutterfly, you have so much going for you right now, with so many complications, have you tried to do an elimination diet? with your doctors approval occurs, sometimes a lot of your digestive and physical problems is due to our diets.
Since I had my fissure I no longer can drink coffee (I have been a coffee drinker since childhood) and have to give up my dairy products, after my chronic diarrhea, I also have sensitivities to soaps and detergents and to many antibiotics and medications.
Perhaps an elimination diet will work for you. Most digestive problems have fungal implications, eliminating Wheat, sugar, dairy and breads, will bring some improvements, occurs it takes time, things do not happen over night but is good to try and see if you quality of life improve.
I love nuts and berries but too much oxalates got me kidney stones and an infection 6 years ago when I went on a diet of nuts and berries for a month.
Talk to your doctor and see, or find a homeopathy doctor in your area if you can afford one. 
I hope you get an improvement in your quality of life soon.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby littlebutterfly » 16 Jun 2013, 20:43

I eliminated all of those things a very long time ago. My intolerances are very extensive. Best I ever was I was living on nine foods. The problem is they are way too hard to digest. I am at a loss! And I have fabulous doctors. They are not certain that I have a prayer short of a fecal transplant. O well! Thank you again for your advice and support.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Postby marg6043 » 16 Jun 2013, 20:49

littlebutterfly, I am glad you have great doctors that is very important, sorry to hear that you have so many problems with food, I have some but no as much as yours.
But remember never lose hope.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8