Joining the AF community!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Joining the AF community!

Postby smiles » 26 Jun 2013, 09:16

I am joining the community because I developed an anal fissure this past March, joy!! I have been trying a few conservative measures and I wanted to share some of the things that have been helping to make things better (and hopefully to heal things).
I have been taking 2 magnesium pills every night, this helps to soften stools. I'm also apply Nitro to the fissure, my doctor said to do it for 2 weeks, but I have read in many places that 2 weeks is not long enough, so I have been continuing to use it.
I am also applying Manuka honey inside. I read this somewhere on the forum, and I think it's really working to heal it. It's a natural antibiotic, antibacterial and it is used to treat really serious wounds, so I have high hopes for this!
Oh and I just started applying Plantain salve for itchiness. Ahh, the relief! I woke up one night in tears because I was so itchy, I used this salve once and didn't wake up at all last night...no itch! I'm so relieved :D I hope some of you will find some relief with these remedies!
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Joining the AF community!

Postby torninhell » 26 Jun 2013, 09:45

Hi Smiles, first of all I'd like to say I'm sorry to see you here. I mean welcome to the community, but at the same time I wish you didn't have the fissure at all!
Thank you for your advice. Manuka honey is so very expensive where I live, so instead I use virgin coconut oil. Can you let me know how the manuka honey helps you? Maybe it will be worth it for me to buy, if it will help to heal me faster.
Thankfully I haven't had much itching though so I'm really happy about that. :3
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby smiles » 26 Jun 2013, 09:58

Yeah Manuka honey is pretty expensive here as well. I started using it about 2 weeks ago. Before I started using it, I was in SO much pain for almost 3 or 4 hours after a BM. It would hurt like crazy during a BM as well. After using the Manuka Honey 3 times a day, I can tell you that I am definitely seeing a difference. Maybe it is a combination of the Nitro and Manuka honey, but I know for sure the Manuka is helping..
Now, it only hurts a bit during the BM, and it's only a bit sore afterwards. Some days I don't even feel anything after a BM. So, I think it's a combination of the two :)
Also.. I feel like the itching is from healing. *Wishful thinking* I will send you more updates though before you make your purchase!
smiles
Salt Bather

Postby smiles » 26 Jun 2013, 10:00

Oh and also, I am taking probiotics and seeing an accupuncturist. I started doing all of these things pretty much at the same time, so it's hard to narrow down which is having the most impact on healing/pain ect. The Manuka honey was the only thing I did separately, so I am thinking a lot of it has to do with that.
smiles
Salt Bather

Postby torninhell » 26 Jun 2013, 10:01

Usually the itching is from healing, so congratulations! I have heard about Manuka honey before and you make it sound so good! Waiting for updates before I buy a jar though, it's really pricey! :S
I take probiotics in the form of yogurt. :) The pills are too expensive for me. How does acupuncture help?
torninhell
Salt Bather

Postby Kreaybutt » 26 Jun 2013, 10:56

Hi! How many milligrams of magnesium are you taking a night?
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby smiles » 26 Jun 2013, 11:10

Thanks! :) How much is Manuka honey there? I'm surprised it's more expensive in the Philippines. I'm in Canada, and it comes from New Zealand.. so you'd think it'd be more expensive for me!
What are you currently using?
I think Acupuncture helps indirectly. It works on a holistic level, and also to reduce stress/anxiety/depression which I think we can all agree go hand in hand with health issues like these. I think your emotional well being has a HUGE influence on how your body helps to heal itself. So that's my opinion on how acupuncture helps.
And Kreaybutt, I take around 400mg. It's Biglycinate, or glycinate.. one of the best types of Magnesium for absorption. The idea is that it pulls water into your stool to make them softer.
smiles
Salt Bather

Postby bgd » 26 Jun 2013, 12:17

I'm also a fan of Manuka. I have some concrete figures about it. It reduced my fissure from 1.5 cm to less than 1 cm in the first 2 weeks of application. Got my CRS raise his eyebrows. Than it got me to 5mm in another month. At this pace I should be healed in another month or so.
Of course I did all the other stuff, like botox, diet, ointments, baths, etc, but only when I started using Manuka I noticed a clear improvement.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby torninhell » 26 Jun 2013, 12:56

Wow, you guys are really selling Manuka honey to me! Over here I've seen a jar go for about 1000 php, which in USD is about $23. And it's a really small jar.
How do you apply Manuka honey? If it's as good as you guys say it is I might as well look into trying it--no harm no foul. And I'd love to speed up my healing any way I can. :)
torninhell
Salt Bather

Postby splinterboy1984 » 27 Jun 2013, 05:58

I am also intrested in how you guys apply manuka honey?
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3