Anyone have success with 2nd LIS???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anyone have success with 2nd LIS???

Postby jdhouseholder » 11 Jun 2013, 20:07

I had LIS a little over a year ago. I had many pain free months but then retore in February. My CRS did tell me he thought he might have been too conservative on the cut but instead of doing a second LIS he recommended Botox. I did that but it did not work. I go back tomorrow to discuss what is next. I am using Rective but don't know how much it's really helping. I am so scared about what to do now but I can't imagine living my life in this much pain forever! Image
One more thing, he said he would have to cut on the opposite side of the fissure this time be side of the scar tissue from the first cut. I really don't want the side of my butt that doesn't hurt to be affected.
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Anyone have success with 2nd LIS???

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 26 Jun 2013, 22:47

I see you never got a reply....so sorry.  I think I read your post but I don't have the experience to answer your questions. How are you doing and what did you decide to do?  Hoping that things are going better for you!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: Anyone have success with 2nd LIS???

Postby hopefulbutt » 27 Jun 2013, 07:02

I know an old boardie on here ha to have a second lis and it finally worked for her. Fissyluna I think. Worth a try I say.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40