Mucous?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Mucous?

Postby butthurt » 02 Aug 2012, 22:20

Hi Torture
I know what you mean about wiping. At first I couldn't help myself and sometimes I still do it but I think it is better to not do it quite so much - I think it adds to the irritation. I also have hemorrhoids to go along with my fissure. I don't have a constipation problem so my diet isn't as critical as a lot of fissure sufferers. I do find that I have to avoid hot spicy food (which I LOVE) and also crunchy stuff. I made the mistake of eating some crunchy food last night and this morning I had a horrible time, the first blood I have seen in a looooong time :( Good luck with the nitro cream-it has helped me not have spasms-I hope it helps you too.
butthurt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby mindfulnesshealing » 23 Nov 2012, 13:14

Hi Butthurt and Torture,
How is your mucous now adays? I also have a fissure and an internal hemmorroid which pops out every day when I have a BM. I am using the Dilatazen ointment. I have mucous seeping out every day as well. Not allot but it woried me for a while. My CRS said that I can heal this condition with the ointment used extermally around the anus however he did not give me any medication for the hemorroid. Have you have any luck in healing your internal hemorroid and if so what helped you? I think my fissure and hemorroid play off each other. I am hoping that if I heal the fissure the hemorroid will also heal however I'm not sure if I should be tackling each thing seperately. I have to wait til Jan to see my CRS so if there is anything that has worked for you, please let me know. Thanks for your feedback. JBird
mindfulnesshealing
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby TORTURE » 25 Nov 2012, 13:29

hey mind, im still getting mucous its been about 4 months now i used a whole tube of nitro 0.4 and it didnt do a thing for the mucous my crs told me to not wipe as much it will go away but thats impossible for me..my fissure doesnt really hurt this time so its not bad for me but the mucous is so annoying i can go in the bathroom to wipe every hour and ill have some there im gonna go back to another crs and have it checked out again keep in touch let me know what ur crs says
TORTURE
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby butthurt » 28 Nov 2012, 01:17

Hello Mindful
I have had success with the Nitro 0.3 cream. It took a while but I was vigilant. Here is what I did:
--Frequent warm baths, making sure that before I took a bath I used my flexible showerhead to rinse my anal area. I also made sure that I spread my legs open so that the warm water could reach the area
--EVERY time I had a bowel movement, I made sure I rinsed the area with my flexible showerhead. I also used foaming baby wash to wash my anal area, taking care to just pat it on, not rub (I saw that tip on here somewhere).
--Only use wet wipes after bowel movements, then shower off. Pat dry after shower. Also I would lightly pat myself dry during the day, but not more than once or twice, just to keep the area from being irritated with moisture. Make sure not to overdo it or it will further irritate the area.
--I drink lots of water to make sure I am hydrated and so that my bowel movements are soft (I don't really have constipation though)
--No eating of any hard things that might re-tear my fissure
--No hot sauce. I usually eat a lot of it but I avoided it so that I could heal because I am sure that was some of my problem with irritating the fissure.
-- Nitro cream really reduced the spasms so I could heal.
I would say that the nitro cream and hot baths, along with the rinsing of my anal area with the showerhead were the main factors in my healing. I have recently had a retear of my fissure but so far no mucous and no spasms. I think the retear was because I ate some hard foods that tore it on the way out. Luckily no spasms and I feel like it is healing fast.
I hope you have good luck in healing and the mucous goes away. It took a few months for my healing to take place and the mucous to completely go away so keep to your regimen even if you have a set back.
butthurt
Fibre Addict

Postby NAKHTI » 28 Nov 2012, 22:02

I have had mucus coming from my internal fissure, for forever now!!! I constantly have to clean up back there throughout the day and when I pee as well... It's the worst when I pee, since your pelvic floor muscles contract to urinate and expel out the mucus even more!!! :-( The mucus leakage/seepage though isn't as bad as it was a while ago (Thank God) !!! I think the mucus comes from the anal fissure trying to heal, especially if it has been bleeding recently!!! I have no pain with my internal fissure, just bleeding and I HATEEE it and I have been trying to stop the bleeding for almost 4 years now!! :-( And as a gay man this has reeked havoc on my sex life or non-there-of!!! Image P. S. I also have some type of problem where I cannot fully evacuate my stool in one sitting. I have to keep going back to the toilet every half hour to an hour for up to several hours every other day to fully empty out everything from that particular bowel movement! I am very very tight down there, so I am going to see a physical therapist for pelvic floor issues and I am also taking Miralax and fiber supplements as well... But it is still not helping tho!?! :-( So obviously all this going back and fourth to the toilet is not helping with the healing of my anal fissure at all, unfortunately!!! :-( I also have a tortuous colon... I wonder if that might have something to do with my never ending symptoms in this area??
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby mindfulnesshealing » 29 Nov 2012, 15:58

Thank you all for your feedback and the additional information. I really appreciate your candid accounts, and for sharing what has worked for you. I have stayed away from spicy food, keep a healthy diet and bath regulary . I am sorry to hear that Nakti that you've had this for 4 years. I imagine the idea of sex is painful enough. Again, sorry for this. For me, its not much better.
Lately I have been having 2 BM's every morning and one is all I can manage. I plan to reduce my Milk of Magnesium in hope that this will help with the # of BM's.
Thanks again to you all for your comments :)
mindfulnesshealing
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby butthurt2525 » 12 Jul 2013, 06:35

Hey how is your mucus these days? Thats pretty much the only symptom that I have with my fissure. Sometimes its so much mucus before a bm that it wets my undershorts. Did anyone else experience the most then? My crs said the pressure of the stool coming forces it out. I have been dealing with this for Six months now...I just started nitro two weeks ago. Not doing much so far
butthurt2525

Topics: 1

Postby TORTURE » 12 Jul 2013, 08:04

Still got it its been over a year now but no pain at all I haven't been to crs cause I have no pain I just been kinda dealing with it but its very annoying I was told it was from wiping when u wipe it irritates it
TORTURE
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby butthurt » 12 Jul 2013, 23:34

I feel extremely lucky, although I have worked hard to keep my fissure healed. I was prescribed nitroglycerin ointment and I used it diligently. I also had a tag that the doctor insisted on taking a biopsy of - I was scared at first but I think that it was one of the things that really helped. I have been free from fissure pain, spasms and mucous for quite a while now.
I attribute my healing to a few things. #1 was the tag removal, that I think kept things inflamed. #2 is the use of wipes instead of toilet paper. I still use them. #3 was the use of the flexible shower nozzle that I use to clean my butt every day. #4 for me is that I have a gluten intolerance and staying away from gluten has cured me of my chronic diarrhea which I believe contributed to my problem. #5 I eat a lot of fruits & veggies and drink water daily. #6 I still take lots of warm baths.
It took a while for my fissure to heal but I was determined not to have surgery (I had a very bad experience with surgery in the past and almost died). I think it took more than 6 months. But I have not had a recurrence, although I had a bout with constipation a couple of weeks ago and had a bit of pain but luckily it cleared up quickly.
I hope you can heal your fissure. The nitro really helped me but I know that it doesn't always work. I really think it was the combination of things I did that worked together. That and I did not skip any steps, even when my healing leveled off and I didn't see improvement every single day. I just kept doing it. At one point I was taking 4 baths a day.
butthurt
Fibre Addict