LIS SURGERY

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

LIS SURGERY

Postby hunter/jumpergirl » 15 Jul 2013, 16:27

Hello to my fellow anal fissure sufferers! And no one knows what I mean unless you have experienced the sheer torture. The pain will dictate to you when you must have the surgery. If you have an acute fissure, it may heal. A chronic fissure will not heal without the surgery. In three months, my "cut" according to my CRS, became a deep chronic anal fissure with a sentinal pile! I held out for about 6 months with my fissure. I had no life and was in excrutiating pain all the time. Didn't want to eat. Lost weight, and when you are 5' 9 1/2" and 118 lbs to start with, it doesn't take long to make the decision to opt for surgery. I went back to my CRS on a wednesday three months after she diagnosed the "cut". I had the LIS surgery on that friday. SO GLAD I DID. NO WORRIES PEOPLE. Is it embarrassing? Yes. Is it expensive? Yes. Is there pain after surgery? Yes. But nothing like the pain prior to the surgery. And the best part is, it gets a teeny bit better each day. I am not even 2 weeks healed yet, and I am so much better. When you reach the point where you have spent tons of money on cremes, suppositories, oils, pills, etc, that don't work, you will be ready for the surgery. I had never even been to the hospital in my life for anything. And I am a big chicken, trust me :) I ride horses daily, and in the last 6 months, I came off my spooky horse twice. Broke 6 ribs in one fall, and shattered my tailbone in another. I would have gladly TRADED this pain from both falls with no pain meds, had I been able to have those together in place of the anal fissure pain. P.S. I am married to an internal medicine physician. He prescribed everything he could for me, to no avail. He finally insisted that I have the surgery, because his patients had such great results from having had it done. So I did it, and if i can encourage anyone here to go ahead and get LIS done, my time posting was well worth it. Dark days will be a thing of the past. Get your life back and good luck.
hunter/jumpergirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: LIS SURGERY

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2013, 16:33

Way to go hunter/jumpergirl
You sure hunted down them fissures and....
Image   'em
Dead!!!