postop 3 weeks more pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: postop 3 weeks more pain

Postby Karinann » 17 Jul 2013, 13:11

Tried to post earlier but I didn't see the post. Had a really, really big poop around 10 Am this morning. I think I may have cleared out much of any back up that was caused by the Vicodin constipation effect. Have been off any pain killer meds since Sunday last. Not even Ibuprofen. Lots of baths in tub. Had tuna salad sandwich on toasted wheat bread last night, with glass of Ensure protein drink. Had some watermelon yesterday afternoon around 3 PM. Breakfast today Scrambled eggs and toast felt good, but big poop happened about two hours after finishing breakfast at 8AM. Talked to docs office again she hasn't returned my phone call of Monday. If she calls I'm going to ask her again about diet. On the post op instructions all it said was "regular diet". Whatever that means. Going to get some watermelon now.
Karinann
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Karinann » 17 Jul 2013, 13:13

Oh one thing. I am taking half dose of Miralax every other day and it specifically says do not take mineral oil with Miralax.
Karinann
Salt Bather

Postby Karinann » 17 Jul 2013, 15:52

My bad. I must apologize. I knew there was something about mineral oil and something else. But I mis-spoke out of turn. I am taking Sodium Docusate (Colace). That is the reason I should not take mineral. Nothing to do with Miralax. Sorry for my rushed comments.
Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 17 Jul 2013, 17:12

A link on the Forum, Kariann, with advice about diet for soft stools:
http://anal-fissure.org/search?search_keywords=Diet
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Karinann » 17 Jul 2013, 18:47

Thanks for the link.
I have to report since having that major release of poop this morning I'm feeling quite a bit better both emotionally and physically. Still quite sore down there but the pain is very manageable and I have been completely off any kind of pain meds since Sunday of this week. Three days ago. Love my tuna salad sandwich and had two great big glasses of water tonight. Managed to get some good sleep last night and hopefully tonight also. Still using the Dilatamzem and Lidocaine cream. Never can learn how to spell that crazy word. OH WELL. CRS doc still hasn't called me back yet. If I don't hear from her by tomorrow I'm calling my regular doc just to run a few questions by her. Have a good Night or day where ever anyone is located Cheers for now. Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Postby Karinann » 17 Jul 2013, 19:52

I know I just posted, but I just had an amazing experience. I just had an urge to go to the toilet to go tinkle. While sitting there I had a BM where I felt absolutely no pain at all. I had to look twice to see if it was really true. No Pain with a BM. WOO HOO !!!!!!!! I just had to shout that out. G'night all.
Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Postby Please go-away! » 18 Jul 2013, 14:40

Karinann, please listen to Hunter and Savaici, I don't see any soluble fibre in that breakfast. Just insoluble as the toast and some digestible in the egg and tuna. watermelon is great, But you need more fruits and assorted veggies. How about try 1/2 a sweet potato or green peas.
We don't want  to have another large BM and cause a rip, Please sweety, we want you to heal.
I'm glad you had a  good sleep and a good day, Keep up with the cream...Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Please go-away! » 18 Jul 2013, 14:41

Saw your post, you go girl..yay..poop as smooth as silk, I say. Image  ..lol.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Scientist2516 » 21 Jul 2013, 19:13

Karinann, I found that Colace gave me bad gas, and that the gas made BMs more painful by making them explosive. So I stopped Colace. Maybe your gas is caused by the Colace too.
I am taking kondremul, and I love it. It tastes nice, and my BMs are soft and regular. It's a mineral oil emulsion. I ordered it from Amazon because I couldn't find it in the stores.
I second Please-go-away's advice about the heat pad. I sit on a hot water bottle for hours. I even take it to work because mornings are worst for me, and having a lovely heat source under my bum makes me feel so much better.
Good luck!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Karinann » 21 Jul 2013, 20:50

Thanks Scientist. Well you may be right about the Colace but it seems to do its job for me. I am passing gas but it is not interfering with the BMs at all. I'm retired here and have home for all of this ordeal. It's late Sunday evening here now and I had a really good day. Made my self some homemade pancakes this morning and a cup of black coffee. My BMs the past two days have been relatively pain free, mostly while the stool is passing and about five minutes after that all I feel is itchy down there. BMs are now Bristol 3.5 to 4, very nice. I am not taking any pain meds at all and my ability to walk without pain and standing up for longer periods is getting better and better each day. As far as today itself goes there were a lot of times I did not feel anything down there. As I said it's late Sunday evening now and just had a Bm. Very tolerable. Off to sleep now. Every day I'm getting better and better. But still haven't heard from the CRS doc yet. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see what is really going. Am I just being ignored or what. Cheers, Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather