postop 3 weeks more pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: postop 3 weeks more pain

Postby Scientist2516 » 21 Jul 2013, 21:47

Great news Karin.
What do you mean "Bristol"?
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Karinann » 22 Jul 2013, 04:07

Hi Scientist: I am abbreviating by saying "Bristol". What I really mean is using the "Bristol Scale" as an indicator of stool consistency. Google it to see more information about the scale. It is a lot more descriptive rather than trying describe how our poops look. I noticed that a few other posters on this site use the Bristol designation too. Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Please go-away! » 22 Jul 2013, 04:44

Check it out Scientist, Karinann is right it helps us to get a proper BM thickness to scale.
I envy you K, that you can eat pancakes, it gives my IBS gas, I tried making wholewheat pancakes from scratch, not bad, I like the natural maple syrup, it is actually good for you , contains trace minerals.
Hay check out my post, regarding the royal baby, boy or girl?(off topic chat)
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Karinann » 26 Jul 2013, 11:23

I haven't posted anything here in a few days, mainly because things have been going so well for me. I am now having regular BMs every day, usually now in the mornings about an hour after I get up. I find that walking around the house fixing breakfast and just the routine of getting ready in the morning usually causes the BM to occur. Not exactly toothpaste consistency, but very close to it, Bristol Scale of 3 to 3.5. It's kind of a funny feeling though. My original fissure, as I felt it before the LIS surgery was towards the front, as far as pain goes. And my CRS said they found two fissures during the LIS surgery. Now I feel a bit of very light pain towards the rear only during the BM, and front feels itchy. So I have a combination of itchy and very light pain. It all passes about 5 to 10 minutes after the BM. No bleeding at all, although I did notice a couple very small spots of blood while wiping with witch hazel Tucks last night. Yesterday was my best day as I managed to get out of the house for almost 5 hours running errands and feeling very human again. So this is very positive feeling for me on the road to healing. I've got another follow up visit with my CRS in about 10 days from now. As of today I'm 4 weeks and 3 days post op from LIS. WOO HOO Cheers to everyone and happy healing. Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby marg6043 » 26 Jul 2013, 12:01

Karinann, hi there, I have been reading your progress and I am happy for you girl that things are going much better, they do get better, it takes time but they do and life can be comfortable again.
I had a fissure that lasted over a year, but it wasn't diagnosed until last June 2012 before it healed by itself, so is light at the end of the fissure road be by surgery or natural healing.
I wish you the best.Image 
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Please go-away! » 26 Jul 2013, 20:19

Hay Karinann, I noticed your wipes are tucks, I use to use them, My Gastro, Doctor told me to use baby wipes or equivalent with out alcohol and fragrance free.
The tucks is really recommended for hemies, because of the witch hazel, Please try the gentler wipes, they usually have other calming ingredients like lavender or chamomile.
Well I'm gonna check my emails and I'm off to la la land, have a good nite sleep.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15