Started Miralax Today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Started Miralax Today

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 24 Jul 2013, 06:55

Yesterday I purchased Miralax and I started taking it today. I am kinda nervous as to what to expect, I know everyone has different schedules as the when & how much they take. I took a 1/2 of capful this morning & I will take a 1/2 of capful tonight before going to bed.
What is your Miralax dosage & what time of the day do you take it ? When did you notice a difference in your stools ?
I feel like this whole AF is consuming my daily life. I am trying real hard to keep positive & hope for the best but geesh some days it is difficult. Last night, I just cried ... I wasn't in any pain I think I was just frustrated with whole situation.
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854

Re: Started Miralax Today

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2013, 09:52

What is your Miralax dosage & what time of the day do you take it ?
One cap at night until the fissure is no longer stinging.
When did you notice a difference in your stools ?
I would have a bowel movement in 12 hours but the softening effect is usually noticed in the third or fourth Bowel Movement provided the intake of fiber (over 20 and under 30 grams for ladies) and fluid (small to medium glass of water every hour for 9 hours) requirements are met.  The same happens when you quit taking Miralax.  The dose remains effective until three BMs.
PS: The best indicator to double check your fluid intake is the urine color which should be pale yellow.

Postby guiness » 25 Jul 2013, 13:03

I take it at night and regularly poop twice early in the morning. I take it at 9:30 and poop at 5:30 to 6 am. I was really afraid to take it too, like i would poop myself or something but that totally isnt the case at all. Its easy, dont worry.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby guiness » 25 Jul 2013, 13:03

Oh my dosage is 1 cap at night.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 25 Jul 2013, 13:09

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate it.
I had surgery a few years ago & had to do a "bowel cleanse" using a combo of Miralax & Dulcolax & Gatorade which was Bru-tal by the way. I think after that my fears where heightened as to what to expect !
I capful at night seems to be the way to go. Thanks again !
SweetPea :D 
Deleted User 2854

Postby guiness » 25 Jul 2013, 13:15

Well the bowel prep has you drink 14 doses at once. Thats a whole lot of miralax.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 27 Jul 2013, 06:55

Image  Did you hear the angels singing at 6:45am this morning ?!
Oh, the miracle of Miralax has happened !!! Wednesday & Thursday I took a 1/2 capful in the morning & 1/2 capful at night. Last night I took 1 capful at night.
This morning BM arrived without any pain. This is the first time in 4+ weeks that I didn't feel like I was pooing cut glass ! I did have a slight burning afterwards but it was nothing compared to the pain I felt before.
Now...let the healing begin !
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854