so close to healing i think???

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

so close to healing i think???

Postby delasama » 27 Jul 2013, 04:11

i havent been on here in months. had my fissure for under a year i think. been to doc and crs. been taking miralax every night for months, maybe six months... no more charlie horse feeling down there. i go a week or two with a little paper cut type feeling down there after i poop. then blood on tp ocasionally. all this week i had no blood on tp or poop. feel pretty good. very slight paper cut feeling. within the next week i will probably have a retear and blood on last piece of poop and tp. been almost a year now! still paying crs fifty bucks a month. all crs told me months ago is yep its a fisher because of skin tag. atleast my sentinial pile is not bigger :). i cured my dermatitis on my arm with honey and cinamon on it in a couple weeks. been thinking about puting honney and cinamon in anus, but honey might make fungal infection. any suggestions yall????????
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Re: so close to healing i think???

Postby Guest » 27 Jul 2013, 09:22

Hi delasama good to hear from you again.
Speaking of honey and healing, do a quick search here or even on google and see what you find on....Manuka Honey.
People have found astonishing results here using it like they would vaseline, and the healing and soothing properties were amazing.
Your post does not sound to upbeat and we do hope that you probably will not re-tear within the next week.
Stay strong for us delasama.....
P.S. you may want to ditch the cinnamon on anus though.
HTH (buttastic) ou

Postby JHH » 28 Jul 2013, 02:22

Hey delasama, and welcome back!
I thought you were cured, since you left, but I guess your still struggling. Sorry bout that :(
Please remind us, what ointment you are using, what you have tried etc. then we might be able to give you some inputs!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby JHH » 28 Jul 2013, 02:37

Oh, and if I remember correctly, you have your own thread. Maybe you should dig it out, and update it Image
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Ever the Optimist » 07 Aug 2013, 14:31

Hey Delasama,
Good to hear from you again - Sounds like you are still in recovery but hey, took me a year & 5 months to finally heal naturally and this sounds like the classic roller coaster ride of healing naturally......Can you get an opinion from another CRS??? It doesn't sound like the one you are currently seeing is inspiring much confidence in you?......
I've read good stuff on the Manuka Honey but not too sure about the Cinnamon either?? Do you use Vaseline still pre BM for lubrication? - that seems to really help a lot of people.
Chances are if you've got this far and are generally feeling a lot better with a lot less pain, then you are actually doing OK. That twinging pain and odd paper cut feeling can still be pretty normal at your stage because that area is still so delicate and will continue to be for around 2 years after the original tear. If you're doing all you need to and producing those soft poops, no straining etc, then hopefully, you are actually healing OK although slowly. It just takes a hell of a lot of patience and being careful for a long long time but you'll get there if you're practising all the above.........Have faith.......& hang in there!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby owmybum » 17 Aug 2013, 12:07

Hey..... How are things going??
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !