found a new side effect

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

found a new side effect

Postby cuzzy » 05 Aug 2013, 13:53

how typical is this i have got my fissure seemingly under control no bleeding or pain but the dilitzem cream after 7 months of using it has given me a external hemeroid if there is a side effect not mentioned i will find it my doctor said use ice i know its not a fissure thing but i dont want to treat this as set the other off again any ideas i think cream is off the idea list
cuzzy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: found a new side effect

Postby Ever the Optimist » 07 Aug 2013, 13:53

Hi Cuzzy,
I have never heard of Diltiziam producing external hemmroids as side effects......They tend to appear through any form of straining or overwiping down there rather than anything else. Make sure you are dabbing very gently to clean up or wash with a gentle shower head - I know for a fact that over cleaning aggravates them as I recently experienced this again. Cold water/ compresses are really relieving & Hydrocortisone creams (used sparingly) - Make sure you drink lots, eat soft & move around & walk - they hate exercise! Also make sure your underwear is cotton and loose so nothing is rubbing down there. If it's a minor one, chances are it'll be gone in a couple of days.....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby cuzzy » 07 Aug 2013, 15:59

i cant over strain or over wipe as this causes my fissure to bleed i eat lots of fibre and i excersie regular so its either the cream or the scope thing the doctor used to look inside but that was 2 months ago and the pain from this eased off when i stopped with the cream
cuzzy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby marg6043 » 07 Aug 2013, 21:54

cuzzy, are you sure is an external hem and not a sentinel pile from the fissure?, I have one that feels like a hem and used to get swollen when my fissure was active, until this day after my fissure been healed I still have to deal with the sentinel pile as it gets irritated once in a while.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Ever the Optimist » 08 Aug 2013, 01:07

Good point Marge.....
I didn't think of that but I have the same issue (only mine is internal and can't be visibly seen) It also gets irritated from time to time....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby marg6043 » 09 Aug 2013, 13:41

Ever the Optimist, I remember that for years I treated my sentinel pile like it was a hem, to find out after been diagnosed with a fissure that, that piece of skin that sometimes will swell up like a bean was the result of fissures.
I have a small hem but is internal, sometimes it will bleed, but with not pain, like fissures.
Until this day if I am no careful when I wipe it will get sore.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8