Question on Nitroglycerin and Spasming

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Question on Nitroglycerin and Spasming

Postby smiles » 11 Aug 2013, 11:36

Hey guys, I was just wondering.. what does a spasm feel like? Sometimes I feel pulsing, like a heart beat after I apply nitro.. is this the blood rushing down there...or is it spasming?
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Question on Nitroglycerin and Spasming

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 11 Aug 2013, 16:38

I'm not sure everyone feels the same thing or can explain it very well. With me, I would feel like I was passing a razor blade, always having the pain in the same 2 places. This is what I'd call my spasm, my muscle would contract when moving my stool through and pull on the fissure sites. After the initial razor pain, it would lessen from 10/10 to 4/10. The pain after is more of a soreness and an inability to sit down on it.
Other my describe the pain in a completely different way.
With nitro, it encourages your blood vessels to expand and pump the blood to that area quicker, which is why you feel a strong heart beat in your head. You'll likely have a headache for a while after, maybe some light headedness too. This is the nitro doing its' job. Making blood rush to an area to aid healing.
Your spasms will likely happen after a BM. but may feel completely different to some people on here.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby Darkeyes » 11 Aug 2013, 17:03

My spasm feels like a burning sensation but it may be different for different people. I can feel the sphincter tighten up before it starts burning.
Your sensation may be blood getting into the area, which is a good thing.
Darkeyes
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby smiles » 12 Aug 2013, 20:07

Thanks for the responses! I was just confused because some people say they have no spasming so they don't know why they aren't healing... so I thought maybe I wasn't experiencing any spasms but I do have the razor blade feeling when I have a BM and it hurts for awhile afterwards.
I guess after using the nitro for a few months, it's probably not working too well if I am still experiencing spasms like this?
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 12 Aug 2013, 23:10

Unfortunately I know too well about spasms.  If you are female and have had menstrual cramps you know all too well about this. It is the equivalent to menstrual cramps up your butt!!  It's an extremely unpleasant sensation, you try to find a comfortable position but can't.  OK, for non-females...if you've ever had 'crampy diarrhea' it's like that!  You feel like you should go poo, but maybe can't.  When I have these I can't really think of anything else...it's so annoying it's all-consuming.  I usually put more relaxing butt-cream up my butt, turn on the heating pad and wait for the awful sensations to subside.  At night, these have kept me up for hours.  During the day...try walking around, that may help.  Good luck and ask your doctor for the strongest relaxant possible.  I haven't tried general muscle relaxers (don't want to get constipated) but would if it were any worse!!! BTW..even though I have every indication that I'm healing (slowly) from a severe AF....I still have the wonderful spasms/butt cramps at least once a week if not more often.  Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10