Boiled Bananas for Breakfast

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Boiled Bananas for Breakfast

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Aug 2013, 04:34

Morning all,
I thought I'd just share my latest experiment - Image
Ripe bananas boiled in a pan for 20 minutes (in their skins) and then peeled & eaten.
Sounds pretty yuck but they actually taste delicious!
They're recommended to aid digestion and produce incredibly soft stools with a mild but natural laxative effect!
I'm dealing with a couple of pesky inflammed hems right now and battling to get them back under control.........if anyone has any hemmie-fighting suggestions, please let me know!
I'm also trying out inserting natural aloe vera gel (straight from the plant)
Thank you! :) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: Boiled Bananas for Breakfast

Postby richibeno » 11 Aug 2013, 07:55

hi eto
hope those hems calm down
yea I read that as long as bananas are not green(ripe) they are fine to eat ,as long as you drink plenty of water ,
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Kreaybutt » 11 Aug 2013, 08:49

Have you heard of a squatty potty? They're suppose to really help with hemmies. Look it up! I just ordered one, hopefully it works as well as I've heard
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Aug 2013, 14:33

Hiya,
Thanks for this!
Rich - The boiled bananas worked a treat!! I not only felt contentedly full for hours, but produced one of the easiest afternoon BMs I've had in a long while and my normally grumbly/ gassy tummy actually felt normal today....I'm going to start trying one a day for breakfast. I was scared off by bananas because the last one I ate (months ago) was underripe and did not digest or pass well! Hope you are doing OK :) 
Kreaybutt - Thanks for your suggestion but have to confess I became a converted squatter just after all the AF issues began! The AF may now be no longer an issue but I'm still adamant that these hems came about as a result of all the EUA's & examinations I had through 2012 - I never had hem issues to this extent before hand! The Aloe actually seems to be helping already too......:) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Please go-away! » 13 Aug 2013, 19:36

Wow..ETO I have got to try that Banana, recipe.
I do eat two a month, ripe of course, because of my IBS, a ripe banana will calm IBS issues like going from constipation to diarea in one day..Image..But on a good note, I asked my Pharmacist about boiling it.:D 
This is very interesting, she said that even a very ripe banana still has some tannin's,she explained to me that in order for a banana to loose all it's tannin, it has to ripen on the tree, of course that's impossible.
We all know what Tannin does to cow hide/leather when it's cured, we definitely don"t want that to happen to our butt holes...lol.Image 
But by boiling them it get's rid of it, by creating more natural sugar's, turning it into a softer laxative.Thank's ETO..have a great day tomorrow.Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby owmybum » 14 Aug 2013, 05:33

Ooh.... I will try boiling a banana!!
Anusol with hc is the only thing that seems to help my hems, and a tiny bit of ice wrapped in cling film applied for just a short time when they are at their worst.
.... Nothing is taming them at the moment though, so if anyone has any miracle tips... Don't be shy!!
OMB xxxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Kreaybutt » 14 Aug 2013, 06:10

Mmm I have a yummy banana recipe too! We'll kind of a recipe... You need one package of instant oatmeal, half cup water half cup almond milk, half tbs of cocoa and Half of a very ripe banana (or a whole one) mushed up. Put all ingredients on a pot and stir until its boiling and cooked. Top with blueberries and strawberries. Mmm heaven! Oh I also put a tsp of chia seeds, they're high in soluble fiber.
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Please go-away! » 14 Aug 2013, 20:07

ETO, I tried the banana trick, it work's wow.:D Thanks Kreaybutt, for your Oatmeal recipe, I was getting tired of my Oatmeal with diced apple and chopped raisin's.
owmybum, Please check this product out....References, Websites, Facts...forum, and look up my post on Hemoclin gel.
You can purchase it at a Boot's in the UK.
I purchased it in Toronto at a Shopper's Drug Mart, My Pharmacist recommended it between my other ointment/compound.
Contains no cortisone and work's with fissures and hems to calm.
:) P.s It does contain Aloe Vera Gel..40%w/w, if you react to it don't use it, I'm OK with it..mind you, you still mite be ok trying it, because it is buffered with other ingredient's..so you could give it a try.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15