Surgery in 3 days!! YIKES!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgery in 3 days!! YIKES!!

Postby Sarahp2222 » 16 Aug 2013, 15:21

My surgery is in 3 days!! They said the surgery would take 30 minutes but im still nervous considering my weight and how the anesthesia would affect it.I talked with the person whos gonna do it,I went up there with a really high heart rate and a lil high blood pressure cuz of my nerves get to me,and she said shes gonna go ahead and give me something that makes me fall asleep BEFORE they put the iv in me for the anesthesia.Has anyone had that before? Gosh im so scared yall!
Sarahp2222
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Surgery in 3 days!! YIKES!!

Postby inneedofahealing » 16 Aug 2013, 15:50

Hi Sarah, You will be ok. Anesthesiologist are very good about their jobs. They will be monitoring your vitals the whole time. The procedure is short so you want be getting the meds long. Are you getting the LIS? If so, the procedure itself isn't bad at all. It is very hard not to be nervous but everything will go well. I was so tired and was in pain when I got there so I was ready to get some sleep. I had my LIS Monday.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Surgery in 3 days!! YIKES!!

Postby Sarahp2222 » 16 Aug 2013, 16:22

Its not a LIS.Its fistula surgery or fistulotomy I think,Its were they gotta open up the fistula and take the infection out or whatever and let it heal on its own.
Sarahp2222
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7