Fiber Help Needed !

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Fiber Help Needed !

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 28 Aug 2013, 11:43

I need some input please !
I take 2 different fiber supplements.
1. Organic Triple Fiber Powder http://www.renewlife.com/organic-triple-fiber.html (This is mixed in water, has a thicker consistency, 75% insoluble to 25% soluble fiber ratio)
2. Organic Clear Fiber http://www.renewlife.com/organic-clear-fiber.html (This is mixed with water & dissolves)
From what I have read "soluble fiber" seems to be the away to go vs. the "insoluble fiber". I don't want my stools bulking up.
Do you think I should ditch the Organic Triple Fiber & only use the Organic Clear Fiber 1-2x a day ?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854

Re: Fiber Help Needed !

Postby Kreaybutt » 28 Aug 2013, 13:36

I would deff drop the triple fiber. One fiber supplement should be enough. You should opt for natural fiber also. More veggies, fruits, whole grains, etc.
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 28 Aug 2013, 17:12

Thanks for your input Kreaybutt !
That is exactly what I was thinking as well. The diet was totally revamped as well so no worries on that end. I make sure I get in plenty of veggies, some fruits etc...
Thanks again !
Sweetpea
Deleted User 2854

Postby Please go-away! » 28 Aug 2013, 19:18

I grind a combination of chia seeds and ground flax, perfect balance about a large tablespoon in my Oatmeal every morning. Work's like a charm, to sweep out the poop.. :D 
I also agree drop the triple, it's to much, also try to eat your soluble food before your insoluble..balance is important..remember Soluble acts like a sponge to absorb the toxins, while the insoluble acts like a broom and sweep's every thing out the poop shoot.
That's why the two work well together, Since I have IBS, I increase my soluble a bit more over the insoluble, so find what works for you.
All the best ..Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 29 Aug 2013, 03:03

Thank you Please go-away! for your comments as well.
The chia seed & ground flax is a great idea in the oatmeal. Like you mentioned it is all about balance & trying to find what works.
I just love this board, I have learned so much since I found it and appreciate everyone for sharing what works for them and what doesn't.
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854