Chronic Fissure healed 100% naturally!

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Chronic Fissure healed 100% naturally!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 30 Aug 2013, 15:50

Hi Sufferer,
I'm only too pleased to be able to share my story to inspire hope to people like yourself! and it's great to read you too are there!! I know only too well that feeling of "Let's not get too excited about this because what if???"!!....
If you're confirmed healed and you're feeling that bump, I would definitely agree it's the Sentinel pile or scar tissue you are now feeling in that area. No longer feeling tight down there is a fantastic sign that the area is now relaxed and happy again!
It's typical to develop one of these after the wound heals because it's basically a mass of scar tissue that forms over the wound and seeks to protect it from further damage. In my experience, it's not gone away and I don't think it ever will but it does become increasingly less and less bothersome and you then start to forget about it. Mine would give me a little discomfort from time to time, nothing painful, and today I still know it's there - Sometimes I "feel" the area if I pass a larger or more difficult stool but it's all short-lived and for me, I use it as a warning to ensure I never start straining my stools again or fall back into old habits.
It will be causing you some discomfort still possibly and you will possibly have it for a long time to come, but as above, you will learn to largely forget about it over time. I can't stress enough to anyone about the length of time it takes to heal from a chronic fissure!! even after it's healed up!! and for us who naturally heal, I think it's even longer than having had LIS or any form of surgical intervention.
Just ensure you maintain good lifestyle & sensible eating for life! Always stay hydrated - NEVER strain your stools ever (this I have done on a few occassions and I know when I have done it because I feel it!) and you will be fine.
My CRS' final words were DON'T strain and let yourself get constipated & if you are, get a stool softener to help you along. By following this golden rule, you shouldn't ever have to worry about going through it all again.
I promise you will get to a point where you feel pretty much normal again and then it's just about becoming confident in yourself that you are doing all you can and you won't have to suffer this ever again.
Keep up the great work! Relish being fissure-free and just remind yourself as I do that a Sentinel pile is there as your bottom's guardian angel!!! You will also reach a point where you no longer need that cream too.
ALL the very best to you!! :) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again