LIS and fissurectomy this wednesday

LIS and fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS and fissurectomy this wednesday

Postby bumtastic » 23 Sep 2013, 15:22

I am a 33rd old male in a relatively good health. I think my fissure started around three months back (I have had previous small bleeding incidences before this which healed pretty quickly) when i just ate junk (Chips and salsa) for dinner ( I was bad with food before this). I initially visited a GP who correctly diagonised it and gave me a suppository (Anucourt HD) which did nothing. He also mentioned nothing about diets. After repeated re-tearing (3-4) times because of low fiber food i decided to visit a CRS about two weeks after that (because of long wait times). I suspect that by that time the fissure had come chronic.
After three months of suffering and pain and based on the CRS recommendation i have decided enough is enough.
I am scheduled for a LIS and fissurectomy this wednedsay. I will post updates about my surgery and recovery as much as i can since i have learnt a lot from this forum. Hopefully it will help others.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: LIS and fissurectomy this wednesday

Postby Ever the Optimist » 23 Sep 2013, 15:43

Hi Bumtastic,
Just to wish you all the very best on your forthcoming surgery this Wednesday.
LIS has been the saviour of so many and truly hoping it is for you too!
Good luck, and I'm sure everyone will truly appreciate your updates too........Take Care.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 23 Sep 2013, 19:21

Hey bumtastic

I feel like we are brothers not just because of your name but from your description, which I pretty much went through also.

I also use to get fissures off and on all the time, for a span of about two decades. I would Heal up, than 4 months later another fissure, healed up; eight months later another fissure, and on and on and on. I also was always pretty healthy, but did not eat the way I should often.

But boy did those repeated tears eventually change all that for me. As I could never afford to get checked out, I had no choice but to find an alternative to a "quick fix". Thankfully a careful careful diet was all I needed, and my last fissure was close to three years ago now. But I hope too that LIS goes well for you and is the right thing for you.

We hope that even after your surgery that you have the will power to take in the right foods especially to promote the healing process. You sure have found the place to get the info and support pre and post surgery for all kinds of help and encouragement. If you are having any second thoughts about this please don't hesitate to drop us a line and talk about it. We are here for you buddy.......

GL to you....
Deleted User 2950

Postby Savaici » 24 Sep 2013, 17:45

The very best of luck with your surgery tomorrow, bumtastic!

Lots of info on here to help you with your healing, and we are all here for you.

And it will be great to read of your healing, something we all appreciate.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bumtastic » 25 Sep 2013, 11:51

Ok.Just had the LIS and came back home. My fissure was on the left posterior. The effects of the aneathesia are starting to wear off. I also had some hemmies (minor) on the right side. My wife told me that the surgeon fixem them as well.
I am feeling ok now. Just some soreness on the right side (From the fix for hemmies?). Anyway, will have lunch now (Apple sauce and some pasta) and wait for the effects of the aneasthestic to wear off and then hit the bed with some pain killers
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 25 Sep 2013, 11:54

Between i already have this urge to defecate. Since it was so early in the morning (9:30). I did not have a bowle movement today but had a big one last night. Hopefully this is just a urge and i dont pass one till tomm morning
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 25 Sep 2013, 14:23

Hoping for healing for you, Bumtastic! Let us know how you get on.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby bumtastic » 25 Sep 2013, 15:49

4:40 pm.
just woke up. Was extremely groggy after surgery for a bit(Cause for so many typos in my previous post). Feeling clearing headed now.
The pain meds or the local anesthesia has not worn off yet. Not in much pain so far. But right now, my right has started spasming a little. Nothing that hurts. I am not sure if this is normal since the doctor apparently worked on both side of the butt. I will find out tomorrow when they do a follow up call. Just peed for the first time after surgery. Went fine so far expect for a little spasm on the right side.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 25 Sep 2013, 20:08

9:03 PM.
Just chilled till 7.00. Pain (3 on a scale of 10) started creeping in. Had a pain killer around 8.00. Had dinner (Metamucil, Brown rice, some lentils for protein, some beans and some yogurt with colasce). Stomach starting to rumble now. Hopefully nothing happens till morning. Going to switch on a movie and try and get some sleep. Still waiting for that dreaded first bm.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 25 Sep 2013, 22:23

11:20 PM
Bumpy times. There is a whole bunch of craps and pee stuck right now. Crap is not making me uncomfortable but pee is.
I am unable to pee right now. it is at edge not willing to come out and building pressure. I am not able to sleep because of that. The pain meds are working fine and i am in no pain.
bumtastic
Salt Bather