Healing? Reply to OMB!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Healing? Reply to OMB!

Postby sue30uk » 23 Sep 2013, 05:53

Hello all, for some reason I have had to create a new account. I was formerly sue27uk in case any of the old lot are on here. I have had to start a new thread as my other one no longer exists. For those who don't know I have been having problems for 2 and half years. A week ago I underwent surgery for a fistula and fissure. To be perfectly honest the problem I wanted them to fix....they haven't! He looked and said the fistula didn't go anywhere so he curetted it and found what he described as a nasty fissure further up. He cleaned the area and injected 25 units of botox each side. Well I've got to say I thought he had sorted it!! My coccyx pain had gone, I reckon its the fissure which is causing it. Unfortunately I had bleeding on Friday for no apparant reason, it eased but the faithful coccyx pain has returned to some extent. I seem to have good and bad days. I seem to think there is something external too, as I have a liquidy yellowy substance come out. It's not pus, just watery. I reckon he's sorted the fistula (as I have no pain there at all), but the fissure I know will be a waiting game. It was going so well. I nearly dared to hope it was sorted after a week of no pain, it was heaven!!! At least my 30th birthday was good which is what I wanted! Will update here in a week or so to keep people informed. Feeling a bit up and down at the moment :roll:
sue30uk
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Healing? Reply to OMB!

Postby richibeno » 23 Sep 2013, 10:30

Hey sue
Hang on in there 'its early days after your last op '
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby sue30uk » 25 Sep 2013, 10:03

Well after a check up with my GP today, he says the fistula site is healing well. Even asked which surgeon I had gone to as he has made a good job! As for the fissure, I hope it heals. The botox won't wear off for 4 weeks so at least I have a bit of time to really look after myself. Hope you're ok richibeno :)
sue30uk
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 30 Sep 2013, 12:45

Hi sue...... And thanks so much for updating me!!!
Sounds like things are going pretty much in the right direction so soon after surgery. I hope it continues to get better and better for you lovey!
Pls pop back in and update on your progress.
:smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby sue30uk » 30 Sep 2013, 16:38

Hey OMB, good to hear from you. Well, the fistula site seems to be being sorted (if you see what I mean!). I was getting leakage before the op and now no more! Yay! No pain so things look good in that area I hope. Unfortunately on my second day back in work I felt the awfull pain on my coccyx, it came while walking down a corridor (can you believe?!). I'd been taking it so easy aswell, it was devastating to feel that pain again to be honest. I had a bit of a meltdown on Saturday. After 2 weeks of hardly any pain, it was difficult to deal with. It has eased although it's far from gone. I'm back to sitting on a soft chair again in work and painkillers yesterday. Got through today without any painkillers but just took things steady. I reckon I have about 4 weeks of botox left so going to see where I stand then (which will be half term for me). If its not right I am going to my GP as he said if there were any problems to go back, maybe he can hurry the follow up appointment up. I have decided if botox is offered again, I will refuse as it doesn't seem to really work for me. I am prepared for LIS now, and will go private again if necessary to get it done. If private say botox I will refuse again and keep going until I find someone who is prepared to do it. I am feeling in a much better place after my meltdown, feel stronger to be able to deal with it again, just feel like I don't want to. I'm taking it easy for the next few weeks and seeing what happens. I am eating extremely healthily (and losing weight - yay!), using my laxatives etc, drinking water and basically doing all the right things. I'm glad to read your holiday was good, I'm sorry to hear about those dreaded hemarroids again. I do hope the MRI scan shows something positive and they are able to help you. My coccyx pain is definitely the fissure, at least I know what i'm dealing with now. Let me know how the scan goes :)
sue30uk
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 02 Oct 2013, 13:41

Ugh...... I sorry to hear you have suffered a set back Sue, I know that sinking feeling well. Sometimes it does us good to have a cry, and let things all come out.... I'm glad you are feeling better for it.
I don't blame you wanting to push for LIS now..... Enough is enough. I'm sure you won't be refused it in favour of more Botox if this lot doesn't work..... But..... It's still early days in Botox land for you... Give it a bit more time, and take good care of your bott.
Hang on in there lovey

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby owmybum » 09 Oct 2013, 13:27

How are things going sue???

OMB xxxx
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby sue30uk » 13 Oct 2013, 12:41

Hey OMB!
Well, after returning to work and being in agony things have got better. I was back for 2 days then had the weekend to rest. I took that seriously and did completely rest!! I took things very easy at work and substituted the hard plastic chair for a plastic chair with padding on from the library in the school I work at. There was a big improvement and things have considerably improved since. The last 3-4 days had hardly any pain!! On friday my year group had a trip to a place in Coventry, I managed to get there on the coach, walk round etc and return with no pain. It was brilliant! Its my Dads 70th birthday tomorrow so went out yesterday, had a few twinges so have taken it easy today. Hopefully be ok as am back at Coventry tomorrow!! I will then keep taking it easy. I have been eating really healthily and walking a bit so fingers crossed this continues. I know I may have another setback so am prepared for it. My follow up appointment is on 7th January so that will be the real test I suppose once the botox has worn off. It proves one thing, my coccyx pain was the fissure. I've got to say if things carry on like this I would recommend the surgeon I went to. My fistula is completely sorted now too. I hope it keeps on like this, but if things don't stay like this I will request LIS and go back to the guy I was with this time. Its been a long road so hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel!! How are you? You had your scan yet? Got the results? Hopefully that will show what your coccyx pain is too. It may be a fissure, if you have a posterior one. Let me know how you get on :)
sue30uk
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 13 Oct 2013, 16:46

Thanks for the update sue..... It all sounds like you are finally getting there... I'm sooooooo pleased for you!!!M

Keep us posted!!

:smilyhug:
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby sue30uk » 18 Oct 2013, 12:39

Well after starting to get better I have had a disaster 2 days ago. I have been in absolute agony since and am on permanent painkillers. Went to my doctor last night and he said to take the painkillers and I can use the rectogesic again. I asked what would be done in January if it had not healed (I cannot see it happening) and he said he honestly didn't know. I spoke to him about LIS and he said it would be unlikely it would be offered to me, that there is a huge risk of incontinence and he wouldn't recommend it. I am speaking to the hospital in January and if I do not get what I want I will go private again. I can't imagine living the rest of my life like this, its horrendous again. Plus I am suffering terrible headaches from the recto. Came home and cried my eyes out yesterday, the thought of having no hope is devastating. I just wish I could see an end to this, feel so low about it all. It's been nearly 3 years and I don't know how long I can go on like this. The pain after this recent operation is worse than the pain before the op, I just hope this pain eases. Sorry to moan, I just feel so worn out. I thought I could see an end to this but its back worse than ever at the minute :(
sue30uk
Salt Bather